Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Golden Bears United
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any give me recommendations for good online deals on a 26" air fork with non-tapered 1-1/8 steerer?

This will go on an older Salsa HT designed for 80-100mm fork. It currently has a rigid fork and weighs about 24 lbs, so not something too heavy.

And probably no more than $300.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
522 Posts
ebay
pinkbike

The market is ripe for what you're seeking. Now's the time to buy while everyone and their dog is convinced they need a different wheel size. You could buy a heavy crappy stiff $300 fork in a store or you could buy something like a Revelation or Float 32 and see a huge upgrade.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Re: Shimano deals at Ribble - SLX M675 cranks $99 shipped

On ebay
Suntour epicon $200 shipped.
Manitou marvel pro $270 shipped.
Rockshox recon and reba's too

·
Law abiding citizen
510 Posts
hopefully they'll still be making decent straight 1 1/8" steer tube forks in the future (like 2-3 years from now). All I ever see is tapered for sale nowadays. That's my major concern. So annoying how this industry forces you to scrap your investments for something entirely trivial like a tapered steer tube.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
hopefully they'll still be making decent straight 1 1/8" steer tube forks in the future (like 2-3 years from now). All I ever see is tapered for sale nowadays. That's my major concern. So annoying how this industry forces you to scrap your investments for something entirely trivial like a tapered steer tube.
More profit that way!

·
Golden Bears United
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On ebay
Suntour epicon $200 shipped.
Manitou marvel pro $270 shipped.
Rockshox recon and reba's too
Thanks. Just ordered the Epicon after reading a few reviews. Looks like it's light enough and has just what I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
522 Posts
You will always be able to buy straight steer forks. Just not new and not at your LBS.

·
Law abiding citizen
510 Posts
You will always be able to buy straight steer forks. Just not new and not at your LBS.
That doesn't sound very promising as forks always need maintenance, with eventual parts replacements (wearables). But I stumbled on to this thread in my searching which gives me hope. Time to find out if my headtubes are zerostack 44mm. I believe they are. http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/tapered-fork-straight-steer-tube-888451.html A little extra length added to the headtube is whatever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts