Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where exactly? If I go for it I'll look it over, but any help on what specifically to look for is appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Always check every frame for weld integrity and condition, regardless of make or model.

Looks like a good deal to me, and you can use the wear and possibility of cracks as a way to drive the price down. I bet with a little flirting....you could get it for $150.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you get the frame I have a set of wheels and a crankset laying around not doing much. And I am not to far north of where that frame is.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately he responded to my email & told me he sold it yesterday... Bummer.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you get the frame I have a set of wheels and a crankset laying around not doing much. And I am not to far north of where that frame is.
Out of curiosity, do you want to send me a message with the details?
I'm thinking of accumulating parts for a build. Not sure yet, but I'm considering all options.

·
1,711 Posts
Seriously, I would look at getting one of the bikes direct fatbikes. They are going pretty crazy on the new offerings and are really well spec'd bikes for the price. And the amount you save you can get the best tires and a carbon fork for what you would pay for a Surly or others... and this coming from a guy who owns a Surly :p

I've always had back and forth opinion on the whole ordering a bike online thing. I personally support my LBS quite a bit, but my GF just bought a women's Motobecane road bike from BD and I was pretty amazed at how well it came adjusted right out of the box. The frame looks like any frame I would see in a shop as well. Kind of a pleasant surprise and change of opinion. She did buy her shoes and pedals from the LBS at least ;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just saw the Boris X9 is $799.00.... Hard to beat that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts