Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
nocturnal oblivion
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a book called "Ten Points" a while back, even though I'm solely a montain biker and it's about road crit racing, I loved it. It was written by the editor of Bicycling magazine I think. Anybody with further recomendations?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Good Book

I read a book way back when...Sean Kelly-A Man for all Seasons. I think that was the name of the book. I read it before I was even thinking about riding a bike. I really enjoyed it. I also read a book about Greg Lemond, that was very good. I think any book on cyclist is good, showing what they go through to achieve what they want.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Metal Cowboy by Joe Kurmaskie

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Riding with the Blue Moth

"Riding with the Blue Moth" by Bill Hancock. It's a book about riding a bike across the country that has nothing to do with riding a bike across the country.

·
Off the back...
2,304 Posts
Check out The Rider by Tim Krabbé [author of The Vanishing]. It's about an amateur bike race in the 70's, told from the perspective of one of the racers. It really feels like you're there, suffering on every climb... Even if you don't like road racing, it's still very well written, and provides a visceral experience. Well worth picking up if you ever come across it. It was only translated into English a few years ago, so copies may be hard to find.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Major Taylor: The Extaordinary Career of a Champion Bicycle Racer by Andrew Ritchie

not much into track and its history but a great perspective read.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Here's another vote for Between the Hammer and Sickle, that was an EPIC ride for sure and a story well-told also. -GT2005 :)

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
huckie said:
Strong +1 for Metal Cowboy by Joe Kurmaskie. Great storyteller.
he's also a real nice guy. his family lives pretty close to mine so i see him with his youngest son at the neighborhood park pretty often in the summertime. i'm not the biggest fan of his actual writing style but the stories are epic and well worth reading....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts