Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
pull down some F.S. road and sleep in yer car. That's cheap!

Or did you need a hotel? or campsite? or what?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been there, done that...

But this time I'm bringin' up my nephew for his graduation present.... Figured I could at least spring a bed of some kind....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
sun and sand lodge in king's beach is not too far. awesome location with its own beach. its right next door to a good pizza place (schooners sp. ?), mexican food across the street and a great coffee house. price is not bad. my buddy and I stay there whenever in north lake tahoe to ride. tel # 530-546-2515

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I've been paying 25 bucks a night at the Tahoe Inn at Kings beach via Hotwire.

I've also booked the Holiday Inn in Reno for 35 bucks also on Hotwire.

Either one of those two options will typically be available whenever you check for the cheapest room near Truckee on Hotwire.

Those are weekend rates BTW, weekdays are even cheaper :)

Edit: Thought I'd mention that the Tahoe Inn is pretty old and kinda nasty. The rooms at the Reno Holiday Inn are nice enough, but it is definitely in the wrong part of town. If you need a bed to sleep in and your own bathroom at camping prices they both good bets.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
3034 said:
Do you know if it would be a problem to bring bikes in this room at night?
My wife and I have taken our bikes to both of those places.

At the Holiday Inn you need to pass through the lobby and take an elevator to your floor. We were there a couple weeks ago and got some funny looks from the front desk person and it was a pain waiting for an elevator that was empty so we could fit in with our bikes, but they didn't have any problems.

The Tahoe Inn is more bike friendly. The rooms don't open to the outside, but you don't need to go in through the lobby and there are no elevators. You will at most need to carry your bike up a flight of stairs. The rooms don't have air conditioning (They do provide you with a fan though :thumbsup: ), very basic amenities and the first time we went there our room had A LOT of ants the rooms are fairly large though.

I would personally prefer the Tahoe Inn because it is closer and more bike accessible. If you prefer a nicer room with more amenities the Holiday Inn is a great option.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Staying at northstar is a good deal to, it was like 90$ a night a couple years ago, but the room came with 2 lift tickets and 10$ north star card for lunch, if you have a season pass you can also refund the ticket for full value on a northstar gift card. If you don't need the passes you can basically pay for your food

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.