Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
cake96861 said:
What are some good chains (8sd) for dirtjumping, DH, FR? I just broke my new SRAM, I have no idea how but two of the links were twisted??? Havent dropped it or anything.
You didnt have it soaking in cleaner/degreaser for a period of time did you? If you leave a sram chain soaking for an extended period it swells the bushing material and causes it to fail in multiple locations......

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not sure about the length, ill check. No degreaser, just simple green, lots of water to rinse and then tri lube....anyway im still in need of a new chain. I saw sachs, shim, and sram. Which one of the three are the best for durability.....

G

·
Sram and whipperman connex are the best for 8 speed chains, and the srams are cheaper, get another sram, preferably pc 58

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool, guess ill buy in bulk. i like the powerlink that has to be the coolest idea! i read some mixed reviews on the link, but so far the only issue with that chain was that link that was a normal one, the powerlink hasnt given me any issues....thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.