Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of entering next Sept's local Demo Derby and wanted to see what you thought was a good strong 8 cyclinder car for such an event.

·
climb
2,293 Posts
minkhiller said:
I am thinking of entering next Sept's local Demo Derby and wanted to see what you thought was a good strong 8 cyclinder car for such an event.
1968 Buick Electra 225... I know from experience :)...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Around here, the winners all use old Chrisler Imperials. They have really hard bodies and Dodge motors are hard to kill.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks guys I knew I could get the answer in the "passion" forum.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
radair said:
Isn't that where you got your truck?
Well yeah but it came in 3rd place how could I pass that up.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Any vintage Jetta as there are too many of those damn things around. The driving equivalent of a camera phone.

·
suck it trebeK
418 Posts
I think I've heard that Imperials have been banned in some events, because they're so good.

Otherwise, I would suggest a wagon, because they have the most crumple space on the rear where you need it.

·
climb
2,293 Posts
sstaurus said:
Otherwise, I would suggest a wagon, because they have the most crumple space on the rear where you need it.
I would look for an old Pinto Wagon :p

·
I throw poop
155 Posts
Chrysler Imperial is almost indestructible.. Some Demo Derbies outlaw em.. The guys that have em can get several derbies out of em.

·
Registered
215 Posts
sstaurus said:
I think I've heard that Imperials have been banned in some events, because they're so good.

Truedat - here in CA they're verboten. Too damn stout.

See if you can find an old Country Squire wagon - next best thing.

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
I think a demo durby would be a lot of fun, but I and a bunch of my friends own old cars form the 70's and 60, and it would be hard for me to destroy a old car. But a a caprice from the 80's would be a good car to use. A buick regal from the 80's would also be a good car. How could you have the heart ot kill one of these?
Dave

Attachments

·
Penis Goat!
804 Posts
dtrek4500 said:
I think a demo durby would be a lot of fun, but I and a bunch of my friends own old cars form the 70's and 60, and it would be hard for me to destroy a old car. But a a caprice from the 80's would be a good car to use. A buick regal from the 80's would also be a good car. How could you have the heart ot kill one of these?
Dave
I think my '85 Caprice would do pretty well, too. They built them with basically the same body from mid '70s until 1990, so there are millions of them around somewhere!

That's a pretty wagon, no matter what radair says. Is it a '57?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Mojoe said:
Around here, the winners all use old Chrisler Imperials. They have really hard bodies and Dodge motors are hard to kill.
yep this is THE winner. they have an extremely strong Cross frame construction. the only weakness is a shot hard enough to the front wheel that breaks the motor mounts.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
radair said:
Because it's a Ford. Now a Chevy Nomad on the other hand...
What the hell are you talking about, we're not old enough to know what a Nomad is.

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
dtrek4500 said:
Dave
Hay hay, now don't be dissing the ford eh. LoL. That is also a 57, and this is coming from a ford guy who owns a 72 ranchero, so chevy guys take this all with a grian of salt.;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
66 impala. Big and can take alot of damage. Put a 307 in it. The motor is small but stays away from the front end. The trunk is pretty big so sadly backing into the opponent doesn't cause much damage, the first couple times.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts