Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog, Reggie, passed away earlier this morning. He was 11 1/2 and died of old age. Although he retired the trails a while back, he always wiggled with delight and anticipation whenever the bike and gear came out. In his younger years he was the best riding buddy I could ask for. As he aged and couldn't keep up any longer, I couldn't help but feel guilty every time I had to leave him behind. He always saw me off and was always the first to welcome me home from a long day of riding. I hope you find some amazing trails in your new journeys, old friend. I miss you.

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,168 Posts
Sorry to hear that. We lost our 12 yo lab/border collie a little over a month ago. Leaves a big hole inside.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That is so sad. And what is sadder is that he looks exactly like my dog who is sitting next to me atm. Its the hardest thing, losing a loved one of any breed.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Very sorry to hear about Reggie, jeez opened this thinking it was the last ride for a trusty bike...this was a real heart jerker. My family always had Goldens growing up and I understand what you are going through all to well. Dogs have an amazing capacity to love.

·
bust a move
1,978 Posts
All dogs do go to heaven (w/singletrack)

If people don`t understand your loss, it`s because they don`t know. I lost my best 4 legged friend over a decade ago. The pain will decrease but all those loving memories will never fade. You will remember him forever...and yes, Reggie is smiling and wagging :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sorry to hear about Reggie, its also sad to lose such a loyal companion. My lab-mix Kelly, she will be 15 next month, next week we're going camping, probably her last camping trip.

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
Damn my friend! That sucks,... I send you my deepest sympathies! There is no "passion" like the one between a pup and his/her owner..... Kinda got me choked up thinking about my pup... Hold you head up brother!

RIP Reggie!

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I know how you feel right now KO.... We lost one of ours earlier this year and it still pains me to think about Gizzy and how much we miss him and his personality...
Hang in there and keep riding... Name one of your trails after Reg...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.