Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Justin Vander Pol
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you parts-killers out there have an ISIS bottom bracket that you can recommend for a VP-Free? The stock Truvativ BB that come on my bike (the complete setup with the nicer parts kit) has sucked since day one, but it seems to work ok if it fiddle with it. If I torque my BB down to spec the bearings tighten up and the spindle won't spin freely.

I'm on ISIS (shame on SC for spec'ing ISIS on this bike), but I don't have the budget to spring for a better setup right now, so replacing the ISIS BB will have to do. Any recommendations? I've had good luck with FSA in the past.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am with you in looking for a new bottom bracket/crankset. I have actually contacted Josh at SC and they are going to be equiping their new bikes with Race face X type bottom brackets. I am going to get a Diabolus with a single ring and run an E-13 STS. Just be sure to get the 128 mm spindle with the adapter kit to get the appropriate chainline. Good luck with the search.

M

Here is the link to when i asked the same question a while back

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=141394

·
All Mt, DH
488 Posts
At first I ran the Saint cranks (didnt no any better) with double setup and suffering from ghost shifting a bit. I did some reasearch and read I needed a 128mm BB....
After much looking i ended up with an Truvativ ISIS Gigapipe 128mm. Seems to work ok - havent done lots of miles, but no ghosting (as the chainline is now correct).

I'd much rather run Saint or Diablous if i could get a good chainline with them....

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the new style XT crankset on my Free, the ones with the outboard bearings (like x-type). I'm running them with a LRP dual ring guide, and the chain line isn't right. I had to modify the roller to get the chain to ride over it correctly, and the chain still derrails itself occasionally. I'm not sure what the BB spindle length is, but I think its only available in one size. Anyone know how to make it work correctly?

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
I have run Diablous BB on my Dare, then on my VP Free, now on my Uzzi. Never had any issues with the Race Face Diablous BB. To me it was worth the money....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.