Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations on pawwear for my 4 year old labradoodle. She has very delicate paw pads but runs flat out so she always tears them off. We've tried a few of the more expensive boots including ruff wear, the inexpensive socks with thin rubber grip on the bottom and the cheap balloon type from pawz. None of them work because they either cause chafing issues on the inside, come apart at the seams in one outing, come off while on the trail or get ripped from the inside by her nails. The vet recommended using paw guard moisturizer and running her on a mile on asphalt regularly. But even with that and the best option I've found (the rubber Pawz booties with some duct tape lining the inside) she still gets whole pads falling off. So does anyone have any experience or recommendations?

This is her in action:

·
Rides like a girl
312 Posts
I think I've seen something like suspenders to keep the dogs' booties on. But then you still have to find proper booties....

Man, she's quite the ripper! Nice of her to let you get a little ahead of her a few times. ;)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I've seen something like suspenders to keep the dogs' booties on. But then you still have to find proper booties....

Man, she's quite the ripper! Nice of her to let you get a little ahead of her a few times. ;)
Haha ya, recently she started growling at me if I slow down to much in corners. It's a legit angry growl

I always get a head start, but she can catch up and drop me in the tight stuff.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I run my dogs in the woods a lot, never had any problems.

Are you building the dog up for long runs like that?
Like starting short and then taking on progressively longer runs? 6 minutes flat out downhill is a long run..

My dogs all start out slow/short and then we build up the mileage until they are ready. If they have a lay off for more than a week or two, we drop the mileage and build back up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.