Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so heres the deal my gf wants to start riding with me and i told her if she likes it i will get her a nice bike instead of the wall world special she has laying around she is 5'6 and 115lbs what do u ladies ride i dont wanna spend more than $600 and a ht will be fine

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got my girl a trek 6000 for $650. Shes about the same size, so the dart 3's don't do much for her. I think I need to adjust them now that I'm around. But all in all she likes it, just wants a "nicer" seat, i told her I need to take her on some trails I use and she wont use it as much

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol im looking at the 2010 specialized myka comp and im sure she will want a really padded seat to lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
just remember she wants to START riding, so that means they still expect something to sit on haha. I checked the specialized out for mine too, but then I randomly got a deal on the trek for it being an 08 and she got a christmas present. If I remember right theyre very similar

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah this would be a christmas present

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
There are two stickies at the top of the forum-- one titled "what bike to buy the girlfriend". You might start there, then come back and ask questions if you still need more info.

Just a suggestion...

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks and for the ladies will u please post up what all u bought extra to making riding easier and more enjoyable so i can get it for my gf or atleast recommend it to her

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol if you must know I'm in the Marines and have little to no bills which allows me to spend my money as I please and I have an amazing gf so if she wants a bike ill get her one so we can enjoy ridin togther

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
back to the topic have any of u ladies ridin the myka or comparable bikes. I would love the imput

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im not saying it does but my gf has never been riding on the trails before all she has done is the normal stuff as a kid growing up i would like to get her something nice that she can use as she progresses into the sport

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Check the stickies in this forum. You can also use the search function for talk on the Myka and other models. There is some very good advice on buying a gift bike, and how to get someone into the sport that's new to it. One tip, don't get a big cushy seat, get a women specific saddle.

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
those stickies are from 2005 im looking for current info to make riding more enjoyable for my gf hints why i posted in here i want to know what bikes the ladies are riding and enjoying so i might can maybe make an informed purchase for her also what saddle would u recommend for her

·
Pretty in Pink
628 Posts
Check on the last 2-4 pages here I am sure you will find at least 3 more threads on this exact topic...

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
there isnt even 2 pages in this section

·
Pretty in Pink
628 Posts

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im not asking to be a pita i simply want good info to aid in me getting my gf something she will be able to enjoy in the future

·
Pretty in Pink
628 Posts
So do some research on the topic, sorry but it gets rather redundant here, constantly the same question from you guys over and over again. It is like going to weight weenies and asking them to help you lighten your 34 lb bike, they have stickies and other posts for that kind of question, you would not complain if they directed you to them, why complain when we do?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I started with a GT Avalanche 1.0. It had deore lx, but a suntour fork. I thought it was a great bike.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts