Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
That's one of the most ridiculous and infuriating things i've ever read. What kind of pompus and self-absorbed *******s come up with that kind of idea? Do we really need a new golf course bad enough to slap it down on State Park land?

There's already a country club RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the park (jupiter hill golf club). Nice legacy Jack, destroying natural florida so old snowbirds can play a round of golf.

·
bicyclist
18 Posts
Pretty ballsy of Rooney to stipulate that the work will be done by a specific contractor in lieu of an open solicitation.

I can only hope that this asinine proposal is some type of political tactic i.e. I'll drop the golf course plan if you drop ______.

Or maybe it is a diversion meant to enrage rational Floridians and draw attention away from something else.

Environmental and land-use issues aside, this is a money-losing proposition for everybody except Nicklaus and the construction contractors.

·
The Voice of Reason
523 Posts
aren't golf courses having a hard time staying open? it seems like several in our area have closed down or are for sale.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Camp Murphy? That is where the trail is right? They will just destroy the trail. It sucks now but it will be great again one day.

·
Registered
196 Posts
There are about 1000 golf courses in the state...
Why cant they just take five or ten and waste money (redesign) those instead.

I'm glad they withdraw this stupid bill BTW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts