Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First time got to really utilize my first digital camera and Passion thread.

Do a ride called GG2MB, where a bunch of the Nor Cal folks ride from the Golden Gate Bridge to a local brewery, Marin Brewing Company. I retraced the route sort of\. Got some exploring in and got a little lost too. Weather was a perfect 50-ish degrees with lots of sun, got to love California weather.

Rode from Bridge up Mt. Tam and down it, good ride and great day. Enjoy!

Start of the Morning

No Poaching

On Cozelman Road above entrance to Bay

Trail Marker for Rodeo Valley/Tennessee Valley

Rodeo Valley and Beach in the distance

Miwok Trail, nice short but steep climb

Gebrode Valley, Marin Headlands

Miwok Trail, looking down unfortunately

Old Springs Trail, somewhat of singletrack :madman:

Old Springs

Tennessee Valley

Glue Factory

Oregon Border!?!?!

Top of Coastal Fireroad Climb, Pacific Ocean

Muir Beach in the Distance

Mt. Tam, only a few more feet :D

Silly Rich people and their elevators

777 Trail

777 Trail and Redwoods

Trail called Pipeline too, because....

Tenderfoot Trail, never seen anyone clean this section

To Mt. Tam summit, East Peak

Fresh Mountain Springs, no did not drink it

View from West Pt. Inn

West Point Inn

LUNCH!

Poseur Shot of bike

Rocky Start to long descent on Eldridge Grade

WTF! 5 mph!

Overlook shot

Go back up or go down?

Lake Lagunitas

On my way home...

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
Nice ride! I'm going out to San Francisco in April for the NCUR conference at Dominican. I hope I can see some of these sites while I'm there :)

·
formerly shabadu
961 Posts
Good stuff.
Thats one of my favorite rides ever, not a lot of epic singletrack(or any at all), but nice climbing, epic views, riding over the GG Bridge is awesome. I used to ride from my place at 5th and Fulton through the Presidio and do that. I'd usually turn around at the stables and head back up that fireroad on the other side.
Miwok Trail...I used to call that the Soul Cleanser on Sunday am rides.
Nice pics, thanks.

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
baycat said:
Around 30+ miles.

Judd97 there is some killer singletrack right behind Dominican, let me know when you come.
Shhh! Don't tell!

Just kidding. :D Second that, you can ride over to China Camp directly from Dominican. You can also check out Tamrancho, which is about 15 minutes (by car) down Miracle Mile/Sir Francis Drake.

·
Registered
664 Posts
That top section of Tenderfoot isn't that bad after you've ridden it enough (climbing up it is even more interesting). You should hit up Zig Zag if you like Tenderfoot. Tenderfoot up, Zig Zag down.

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
Random Drivel said:
Shhh! Don't tell!

Just kidding. :D Second that, you can ride over to China Camp directly from Dominican. You can also check out Tamrancho, which is about 15 minutes (by car) down Miracle Mile/Sir Francis Drake.
I'd love to check those places out, but unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to bring my bike. Are there any places to rent? I'm not sure how much time/money I'll have while I'm over there, but hopefully I'll find some of both :)

Thanks for the tips, fellas!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice post! Glad you are enjoying the camera. Will be out your way for the Tour of California. I'm envious of your ride and weather. Here near Boulder Colorado we usually have great riding year round. Not this Winter.

This is how I've been spending my time for the past 6 weeks!!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.