Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what better way to spend Earth Day than volunteering on the trail? :)

sorry for the short notice, but we realized this afternoon that we could really use additional man(and woman)power tomorrow, as it is the last day that our esteemed lead trailbuilder from IMBA will be onsite before heading off to the next project.

we're working on the "flow trail" (which is coming along nicely, i might add) and need to rid the trail of rocks (anti-flow) and also compact dirt on the features while we await our water tank installation. we'll be working all day from about 9:30 until dark. come when you can.

bring water (and food if you plan to stay a while). boots are good. gloves are better. need to sign a waiver when you get on-site.

we're at the north end of tony grampsas memorial sports complex, just east of north table mountain (easley rd). nearby street parking is limited (and we need to be kind to the neighbors) so please park in the main grampsas lot and find the crusher fine perimeter trail on the west-- follow that north around the archery range and over the bridge (church ditch) and you'll see the COMBA trailer. :rockon:

if you can't make it tomorrow (thursday, 4/22/10), no worries-- we'll have plenty of other opportunities.

thanks.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sneak peek

Nature Landscape Plant community Natural landscape Land lot

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SkaredShtles said:
I'll bet this rain will pack things in NICELY! :thumbsup:
indeed... our water tank install is a bit delayed, so the moisture is definitely welcome!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
happy earth day

here comes the sun!

:aureola:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Saw a flurry of activity / posting and then nothing. What's holding this up? Water system? Organizing volunteers for good ol' fashioned dirt pounding? Something unforseen?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

...site will probably dry out tomorrow afternoon just in time for thursday's storm (and our plans to work thurs, friday, and saturday). :madman:

stay tuned.

·
Does Not Belong on a Bike
248 Posts
gotdirt said:
mud

...site will probably dry out tomorrow afternoon just in time for thursday's storm (and our plans to work thurs, friday, and saturday). :madman:

words and numbers and ****** lines
Like these guys can forecast, especially this time of year. I'm not holding my breath. Hope it does dry out.

As soon as I clear my plate, I'm'ma come out and move some dirt.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Took a walk through there two days ago--the place looks great. Let me know when you need an extra set of hand to help out.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Got dirt?

Do you guys still need dirt? They are building a few large custom homes in my neighborhood and I believe they need the dirt from the basements hauled away. It's a mountain of dirt right now and is near 72nd and Simms in Arvada, so it's relatively close to the park site. PM me and let me know and I can ask them about it.

·
my girl rides also
650 Posts
IndecentExposure said:
Okay, we need your help praying for the sun gods... Seriously, did we just move to oregon?

Huh? It wasn't particularly rainy where I lived in Oregon...:thumbsup:

Damn NW stereotypes....:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts