Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
i live about 2 miles away and everything (south facing included) is got about 4-6 inches yet. James and some cronies cleared the pump track the other day so thats good to go, but unless some good samaritan went out and shoveled the whole thing, im pretty certain its a no go. Im hoping for sunday maybe?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sucky sucky... really considering the shoveling... bah these are the times i miss AZ a bit :D //g

·
Registered
443 Posts
Im actually there right now. Its still covered in snow and mud. We spent a few hours sweeping/shoveling all the snow off the line. Now we just need the mud to dry out. its not ridable in its current condition!!!!! Plan on wednesday. I think the shoveling spared us a few days on natures end. There was 4-6" of snow in some spots still today.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow... on the still 4-6" there... thx for the work... i'm riding somewhere on wednesday regardless of conditions.. :p haha that's how i feel anyway... thanks again man - i appreciate the updates.. :) //g

·
Registered
480 Posts
Went out this AM and did some more shoveling on the main jump line. I could see the shoveling that had been done on the top section already. I worked on the lower section where the big drifts still were. I didn't get it all off, but it's closer. I only had about 30 min, but a few guys could clear it completely with another 15 min or so of work.

If we could get all the snow off of it, it could be good to go by this weekend! I feel pretty good saying it WON'T be ready by Weds or even Thurs....maybe, maybe by Fri if the weather stays as it has been.

As it is, lots and lots of mud, not ready. I was dismayed to see someone (one lone track) blazed down it in the mud. Meh.

And considering GBP is in this shape (and it's totally exposed etc.), I can make a pretty good estimate that none of the other Jeffco trails are exactly "ready to go" yet...excluding a dawn patrol.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm getting so antsy.. haha.. any word on maybe rhyolite? //g

ps- thanks for your work mang.. much appreciated!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Just went by there. Getting close...

The top section on the main jump line is ready to go and rideable now. There is one spot in the transition to the lower section though that is still a huge mud fest. There was a guy out there today (Matt I think) who had worked on that all yesterday afternoon (he shoveled all the drifts out etc) and had a broom and was sweeping it today. Because of his work I really think there's a chance the entire thing could be good by Friday and certainly by the weekend. The pump track is 95% except for one little "pond" between two of the berms that just won't dry up.

I'd say by Fri the main line will be good and by this weekend, probably the entire thing. If you see Matt out there thank him.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
word... i may just go ride the top part.. i'm about to chew off my own arm or something.. haha

plus this weekend it's gonna be crazy with people.. i'd like to get some time in while people are being responsible with school/work.. lol :D

hrmmm ... //g

·
Registered
480 Posts
I didn't get out there today but plan on trying late AM tomorrow. I am hopeful the main line is good and the pump track. It was close yesterday so after today with the wind etc. it should be good. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yep, sorry I've been offline. Anyway, GBP is good good good. All dry thanks to the efforts of those that shoveled/swept it off last week. Rode it all weekend...great on Sat but too windy on Sunday. Anyway, for now, if the wind is not a factor, it's good to go 100%.

Had a good crowd out there on Sat. The popularity of the park is great and I can't thank COMBA, IMBA, the City of Golden, and all those involved enough. But, based on the popularity I have to ask...what does phase 2 look like? I see expansion in the near future. Maybe some other flow lines, maybe some drops, elevated sections, other features?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I doubt a sign will change these peoples opinion on wearing helmets.

bpatterson6 said:
What about signage stating that proper safety equipment is to be worn when riding on said trails/jumps/etc. I saw a few out there on Saturday not wearing helmets. That REALLY bothers me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The bike park will have maintenance volunteer days every first Saturday of the month starting March 5 from 9am-12. Come out and help make the park better. This park is 100% volunteer built and maintained. Bring shovels and wheel barrels because we will have some dirt to move. The more you join in, them more you will control the direction for the future.

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
Bike park riders,
Please refrain from using social trails (non designated trails). I placed red tape and stakes marking the areas of concern. We're working with the city to make the return loop trail after the chicane official. Please tell anyone you know or see that are shortcutting or using those trails know that they are NOT to be used. The GBP group and the city are trying to revegitate the hillside after construction from last year.

Parking: at this time we are going through some parking issues. There is to be no parking on Easily rd. Our pullout is okay for now. But absolutely no parking in front of the gate, at all.

As for the future of the park. We are re-organizing the golden bike park group for the next phases of it's life. We must complete the ground matting prior to spring; and prior to building any new trails. We have gone back to the parks and recreation board and have planted the seed for a parking lot.

New trails and modification to existing trails is a simple process. We discuss the ideas, resources and budgets with the GBP group first, then take a plan to the city. The P & R board is asking for new trail idea's for the longevity of the park, which is a great position to be in.

Sweeping, and shoveling snow is great for all of the riders, we appreciate that. Contact us at [email protected] if you would like to modify anything, have idea's, join the Gbp trail crew or GBP group.

Lastly, thank you to all the volunteers that make this a success on a daily basis. This is your park.

We'll put up a list of things that can be done on a regular basis soon, so you are in the know and can help us make more trails.

Taylor

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
not quite sure what you are saying about the parking.. we can or cannot park to the left/right of the gate as long as it's not blocked? //g

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.