Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, we have reservations for a resort in Gold Canyon over Thanksgiving.

An acquaintance told me there was a big fire in Gold Canyon recently. Is this true? Has it impacted the MTB trails in the canyon?

If it has, we might change our plan for the trip.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everybody. I’m so confused because this person is from Gilbert and seemed really familiar with the area. It was about a month ago and she said there were big fires in Gold Canyon and folks were evacuated and she speculated the trails would wrecked.

Very glad I asked!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you everybody. I'm so confused because this person is from Gilbert and seemed really familiar with the area. It was about a month ago and she said there were big fires in Gold Canyon and folks were evacuated and she speculated the trails would wrecked.

Very glad I asked!
They've got to be thinking of the telegraph fire, which was very far away from gold canyon.

·
Registered
ya like dags?
5,855 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
There actually was a fire near Gold Canyon, but it was a solid year ago. Almost exactly a year ago actually. Definitely wouldn't be affecting trail status right now if this is what they were talking about.
Has it been that long already? I remember being out for some night rides at Usery and seeing the fire on the Horizon out in the Supes (even saw a new start happen from afar that night.) Damn does time fly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.