Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
friend of preston
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to do a 3 week detail in Gold Beach on monday. Has anyone ridden there? The USFS site has trails on it but there are a few there that are open to motorbikes but not mtn. bikes. As my old boss used to say "WTF Mate?".I dont trust the classification and I don't want to necessarily squander my after work time riding flat interpretive trails. Its already been 2 weeks without riding and I can feel it.
Help!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Inland from Gold Beach, the Lower Rogue River Trail is worthy.

I went there last summer and rode it, and it isn't better than anything we have in our own backyard -- Eugene, Oakridge, etc. -- and I drove four hours to ride it! (Gotta say, though, what we have in our backyard is stellar.) 12 or so miles each way, lots of ups and downs.

Down out of Oak Flat Campground, near the confluence of the Illinois and the Rogue, you can ride a few miles of the Illinois River Trail legally, then get on the Hobson Horn/Silver Somethingorother (?) Trail. That is a tough one. I could never find anyone who actually rode it! I think that's the one the FS website calls the most rugged non-wilderness trail in their forest.

Can't ride either one right out of Gold Beach, but not too far a drive.

That's all I got.

Albee

p.s. Who's Preston?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.