Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nothing here
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wuz up? I'm headed to San Jose in April and was thinking about hitting Demo when I'm there. Are the trails usually in good shape that time of the year? Also, a little concerned about get lost and eaten by a mountain lion:eek: , are the trails well marked and easy to navigate? I need to have this well planned so I can sneak out for a ride while at the in laws and make it back in one piece in a timely fashion. Who's up for a MTBR group ride to show an out of towner how it's done Norcal style?

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,463 Posts
Here is information on getting to and around the Demo - http://passiontrailbikes.com/pages/SDF. Once you get in the Demo, the trails are pretty well marked. Can be a little confusing (but really not bad) to take the roads and rails that most people take to get to the top of the Demo. Once inside the forest, the trails are well marked.

The Demo does pretty well in our winters, but definitely can get a bit sloppy if we get a lot of rain at that time. April is a bit late in our rainy season, so less likely to be really wet (but you never know).

Actually, I think Grrrah has it backwards. If you are there on the weekend of the 14th and 15th, you may have the place to yourself, as many people will be down at the Sea Otter.

·
Nothing here
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
singlespeed.org said:
Here is information on getting to and around the Demo - http://passiontrailbikes.com/pages/SDF. Once you get in the Demo, the trails are pretty well marked. Can be a little confusing (but really not bad) to take the roads and rails that most people take to get to the top of the Demo. Once inside the forest, the trails are well marked.

The Demo does pretty well in our winters, but definitely can get a bit sloppy if we get a lot of rain at that time. April is a bit late in our rainy season, so less likely to be really wet (but you never know).

Actually, I think Grrrah has it backwards. If you are there on the weekend of the 14th and 15th, you may have the place to yourself, as many people will be down at the Sea Otter.
hey thanks for the info. I've been to SJ many times around that time of the year and it seemed like it did rain quite often. I haven't decided upon a weekend yet but checking out Sea Otter would be cool too. I remember last years Sea Otter was a mudfest, hopefully this year will be better. Can't be any worse right?

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
singlespeed.org said:
he was looking for an MTBR group ride. I suspect an MTBR group ride on the friday of sea otter with everyone down there on the weekend.

Good chances for getting a group ride the weeks after also. The weeks before, peeps will likely be down at S.O. for pre-riding.

·
another day at the office
1,197 Posts
A few Norcal peeps hook-up with the SoCal riders the day before Sea Otter weekend festivities. Stay tuned to your local channel for details.

·
Nothing here
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got another question. Are pads(not maxi) a good idea for this trail? I feel pretty comfy doing drops and small jumps without them but if there are bigger things to ride I may bring them. It's just that they are very bulky to carry around especially when trying to carry gear, a small squirmy kid, and a baby through the airport.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.