Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm done with the stock Talas and going to order the Pike. Looking for feedback specific to Bronson riders. 150mm or 160mm?

Anyone have one and wish they had gone the other?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I'm done with the stock Talas and going to order the Pike. Looking for feedback specific to Bronson riders. 150mm or 160mm?

Anyone have one and wish they had gone the other?

Thanks.
It's not too hard to change from 160 to 150 and vice versa. Pick the one that you think will be best and see how you like it.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I got the 160mm dual-position. Negates the only downside to the extra travel above the stock 150mm when climbing, and also the only complaints that people had in all the reviews I read (front tending to wander on climbs).

Only ridden it once so far, sweeping a race on Sunday. I love it. Don't have any wishes I'd done anything differently. I need to adjust the low speed compression a little bit.

·
Registered
434 Posts
im getting a 150 cause like tbmaddux said 160 tends to wonder more (demo'd a 160mm pike on a intense and noticed it) so since i climb a lot in socal im going with 150

·
Registered
72 Posts
I upgraded from a Talas 160 to a 160 Pike on my Med Bronson and glad that I did. Pike is by far more plush, stiffer, and provides better mid-travel support. I have done 3-4 miles sustained climbs on the 160 no problems.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
The A2C is shorter on the Pike so going 160 is only a 3-5mm gain if I remember correctly which is hardly noticeable. It's lighter than the Fox 150 too. I went 160 on my pike and am so happy I did so and didn't go 150.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I have a 160 but feel the bike would be better balanced with a 150, especially for steep uphills. While true that the A/C is shorter than the Fox 34, the Pike rides high in it's travel and the bike just doesn't lay over as fast for quick direction changes. I'm more about the DH tho so I'm staying with the 160 (but will be dropping the stem as low as I can on the steerer tube). There's definitely a reason SC spec'd the bike with a 150 tho!

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
Registered
168 Posts
I bought the 160 Pike. It's perfect. I ride lots of sustained climbs and don't notice the 10mm of addl travel at all climbing. It's killer in the chunk. Way better action over the fox. You ll never look back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts