Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I got the 160mm dual-position. Negates the only downside to the extra travel above the stock 150mm when climbing, and also the only complaints that people had in all the reviews I read (front tending to wander on climbs).

Only ridden it once so far, sweeping a race on Sunday. I love it. Don't have any wishes I'd done anything differently. I need to adjust the low speed compression a little bit.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The A2C is shorter on the Pike so going 160 is only a 3-5mm gain if I remember correctly which is hardly noticeable. It's lighter than the Fox 150 too. I went 160 on my pike and am so happy I did so and didn't go 150.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I have a 160 but feel the bike would be better balanced with a 150, especially for steep uphills. While true that the A/C is shorter than the Fox 34, the Pike rides high in it's travel and the bike just doesn't lay over as fast for quick direction changes. I'm more about the DH tho so I'm staying with the 160 (but will be dropping the stem as low as I can on the steerer tube). There's definitely a reason SC spec'd the bike with a 150 tho!

Have FUN!

G MAN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.