Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a travel day and could pass by anywhere to bike. I was gonna do Downieville and climb up the singletrack? Or Mills Peak?

Right now, maybe Quincy and Mt. Hough?

#snowsummer

·
Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
Ripmo
3,456 Posts
If you have NOT done the Nevada City Stuff, Its so, on the way. But The fact you can make Mt Hough "on the way" to anywhere is a pretty neat opportunity! I am blowing it by not having done Mt Hough.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bringing my shuttle bike. Not legal everywhere so Downy is a good option. But it can climb 7000 feet assisting without shuttle van.
Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame

·
Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
Ripmo
3,456 Posts
Quick note, I did Nevada City last summer a few times as I had a 1 month job there. I also went to Downieville twice from job at 3pm. I thought to myself "Nevad City is as good as D-ville". It was awesome. But then when I went to D-ville again the following week, Lakes Basin IS better, of course. I am just pointing out that Nevada City is that good! (First few times are really great!). A local can chime in and route you, I am not ebike fan, but its perfect to climb Taxicab/Miner/Hoot DH/up road/Scotts Flat Lake DH/Scotts Flat uphill on ebike, etc, etc. back down Miner only to car at end. But Hough on travel day is great way to get it in.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick note, I did Nevada City last summer a few times as I had a 1 month job there. I also went to Downieville twice from job at 3pm. I thought to myself "Nevad City is as good as D-ville". It was awesome. But then when I went to D-ville again the following week, Lakes Basin IS better, of course. I am just pointing out that Nevada City is that good! (First few times are really great!). A local can chime in and route you, I am not ebike fan, but its perfect to climb Taxicab/Miner/Hoot DH/up road/Scotts Flat Lake DH/Scotts Flat uphill on ebike, etc, etc. back down Miner only to car at end. But Hough on travel day is great way to get it in.
I appreciate your input man!!!

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On their website it says opening day was June 14. It also says that by 6/21 the Big Springs lift and the Zephyr lift will be open. Is that incorrect?
This is correct. It is open now. Last weekend, closed this week and then next weekend and beyond is open. I just did xc today and there was very little snow high up.

Blue Green Yellow Colorfulness Text

Nature Mountainous landforms Plant community Rock Highland

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hope it opens by July 4 week. I took a week off, and am planning on riding there. It would suck to no end. I guess I can go to DVille, I hear that's open?
Downieville shuttling is not open for normal shuttles. Sunrise and some high Butcher are under snow. Mills Peak up top has snow.

Mt. Hough in Quincy is wide open and is in the best shape for sure.

Afternoon thunderstorms here now every day!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.