Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to monterey, in n.cali this thursday through sunday (for work) and would love to ride the trails that the sea-otter runs through, but have no idea how to get to them or where they are. i will be at or near the laguna seca raceway, and i was wondering if anybody on this board could tell me the best way to get to those great trails that i have seen in pictures of that race that look so inviting??? thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Following the exact race route won't be easy the first time though. There are lots of trails and roads around there and it seems like the maps and trail numbers are never quite right either. You also probably won't be able to do the start/finish which is on the paved racetrack.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Back side

If you can go around the back side (salinas side) there is a road that turns past a police station. At the end of that road is a back entry that will get you to some very nice single track. There are maps at the entrance after you pass the barricades (next to the portapotties).

Additionally, there is an entrance on the East Garrison of Fort Ord right next to the road. Both of these are accessable to the public (Bureau of Land Management). I believe both of these are off of Reservation road, on the opposite side of tha main entrance to Laguna Seca. Look at MSN or mapqwest and you will see what I mean. Sometimes LS will charge entry to use the area. At least there are more options.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
thejuru said:
i am going to monterey, in n.cali this thursday through sunday (for work) and would love to ride the trails that the sea-otter runs through, but have no idea how to get to them or where they are. i will be at or near the laguna seca raceway, and i was wondering if anybody on this board could tell me the best way to get to those great trails that i have seen in pictures of that race that look so inviting??? thanks!!!
Like I tell my girlfriends, let's go in through the back. Sorry, that was too easy (like her).
Seriously, if you have more than 1 day, the area is fun, fun, fun!!! I lived near LS for about 1.5 years, and have raced Sea Otter, and it's a good all--around xc type of area with many backdoor trails.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
danK said:
Like I tell my girlfriends, let's go in through the back. Sorry, that was too easy (like her).
Seriously, if you have more than 1 day, the area is fun, fun, fun!!! I lived near LS for about 1.5 years, and have raced Sea Otter, and it's a good all--around xc type of area with many backdoor trails.
lol! funny $hit!!!! okay, i'll give this a shot...hopefully will find some good trails with all of your helP!!! will be working all weekend for the big car show thing, but hopefully will be able to blow off some steam in the afternoon riding! thanks everybody for their input, time and info!!! take care....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts