Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,339 Posts
Might need a snowcat to get to the top. Check with the ranger station first. There's a map on here somewhere, do a search for Globe/Six Shooter

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,875 Posts
You do realize it's above 7000'?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hadn't thought of that. Coming from the far north I assumed everything south would be hot and dry. May have to opt for SoMo. I will check with the ranger, however, thanks.

·
EDR
10,441 Posts
If it's not snowed in (I'd bet it is) think about Six Shooter, I've only been out there twice but I think I like it a little better. Make a couple runs and do each, 90 mins from top to bottom with stops IIRC. I do remember a bit of route finding was done in the creek bed.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I went up to Pinal Mt. on Feb 20th with my XC stix. I was able to drive all the way up to Kellner Canyon TH.

Before the storm last weekend, that drop snow all the way down to the 3k foot level, I would estimate that Ice House Canyon TH had around 6" of snow (in the trees).

When I was up there, I doubt there was much snow 1k feet below the Ice House Canyon TH, but what was there is gonna take a while to melt out because it shaded and it is on a north facing slope. I bet there is prolly about 12" of snow on top now.

Here is a uber dorky vid of my little excursion:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.