Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am downhill rider and i decided to change my old brakes. I'm interesting in two types:

First: New Hope's Moto M6 for 2007

Second: Saint brakes (but without Center Lock rotors).

Pls help!

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
by all accounts, both great.

as great as my 06 Hopes are, and now with the new Moto levers that come standard with the 2007 M6s, there is not doubt I would go that route. Hopes will cost more though....only you can decide if worth it to you.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
kraqers said:
Let's see, when i gonna decide to buy Saint's, which Rotors will be the best for those brakes? Any advice? Excluding Center Lock, just don't want to change my hub's.
use Xt 6 bolt rotors... or hope "regular" rotors..I have used both without issues..

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Saints were, maybe still are, on sale at Jenson. I've been told by a few wrenches, that Hayes rotors will work with saint brakes. Just remember, that you can run XT, or even LX levers with them as well. So could save a few bucks by shopping around for the price on levers as well.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
when you buy the saint calipers ...they come with a rotor for 6 bolt and their propietry (sp) hubs....you get one of each....so you don't have to buy a ROTOR somewhere else

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Just about any rotor will work with the Saint brakes, just not the opposite way around. Hayes brake pads will sweep across the arms of Saint rotors - eventually leading to uneven wear and whatnot.

Saints are terrific.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.