Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got a day in Salt Lake City September 8th and was originally planning to hit the Deer Valley or Park City Bike park but it looks like both are closed that day. Not looking for anything too punishing as we got 5 days in Moab afterwards but something fun for a 3-4 hour ride. Any shuttle recommendations? We do have multiple vehicles.

Thanks,
Micah

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I'll be in the SLC area twice this summer, for a week or few, so I'm interested as well (assuming I'm healed up by then).

Which Bobsled in particular are you talking about? Last year I rode one in Ogden called Bobsled/The Rut... but I'm thinking you're talking about another one.

·
Registered
137 Posts
We got a day in Salt Lake City September 8th and was originally planning to hit the Deer Valley or Park City Bike park but it looks like both are closed that day. Not looking for anything too punishing as we got 5 days in Moab afterwards but something fun for a 3-4 hour ride. Any shuttle recommendations? We do have multiple vehicles.

Thanks,
Micah
You can still ride in PCMR or DV even if the lifts aren't running, and I would recommend that over anything in SLC. If you really want to stay in the valley then Corner Canyon offers a lot of variety with some really fun directional downhill trails. Another great option is the Wasatch Crest, which is one of the signature rides in the area. On even days you can get a shuttle from SLC. With the shuttle, you're looking at about 1000 ft of climbing and 4000 ft of descent. You can google Big Rack Shuttles for times that day.

·
Registered
288 Posts
You can still ride in PCMR or DV even if the lifts aren't running, and I would recommend that over anything in SLC. If you really want to stay in the valley then Corner Canyon offers a lot of variety with some really fun directional downhill trails. Another great option is the Wasatch Crest, which is one of the signature rides in the area. On even days you can get a shuttle from SLC. With the shuttle, you're looking at about 1000 ft of climbing and 4000 ft of descent. You can google Big Rack Shuttles for times that day.
+1 for the Wasatch Crest. It's a must do for SLC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in a similar boat, I'll be in SLC are end of September and am looking for spots to ride. I'm thinking of heading into Park City for riding. Any suggestions? I don't mind climbing and i like a little tech and flow trails. Thanks!

·
Registered
13,268 Posts
This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another question, I'll be in SLC and Park City area September 25 through October 2. Are trails still open this time of year? I saw Deer Valley lifts probably won't be running, but I think I saw someone post that you can still ride there? Also looking to do the Wasatch Crest loop. Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lift service will be done for the year, but barring an early snow storm at the higher elevations or active weather at the time of your visit, there should be tons of options. Crest is a definite possibility at that time of year, and all the DV DH stuff (just have to earn it). Weather and snow/mud conditions are what determine when things shut down here and that's usually sometime in October for the higher elevation. Stuff in the valley like Corner Canyon will be full go during your visit too (barring active weather). If it's cold (but not stormy) in PC, Corner Canyon is a great option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.