·
Maui Grown
722 Posts
What?

You're supposed to get divorced so you don't have to give-up the bike! :D

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
I thought getting divorced means more riding time with out anyone whining.

·
I think I need to Upgrade
1,620 Posts
Now is the time you are going to need the bike the most!!! Unless you absolutley have to sell it don't. The bike will be your escape from all the crap that is going on plus the excersise will help you keep your sanity.

It is a situation similar to this that got me back on the bike and helped me stop smoking a few years ago, and it ended up saving my life (the bike that is)!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wish I could keep it but all my money is tied up at the moment so I need to sell it. Ive already said goodbye to some very special toys this will be the icing on the cake !!!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
DurtGurl said:
You can never get much out of a bike.... maybe 1/2 of what you spent? It's just not worth it!!! Keep the bike, sell the car.
Dirt girl is correct , -----sell your wife , car , your body ----anything but the bike .
like AzSpeedfreek says , --the bike is your only escape in your flight to getting emotionally healthy again !!!

don't turn to whores , and booz ----it will only make things way way worse :madman: :nono:

·
Banned
226 Posts
You'll spend more $ in the end keeping busy with your new found off time. Eating, drinking, or new gym membership...whatever. You might as well keep it because you'll get a lot of use out of it. Take this from someone who benefited from a divorce and the free time it allowed. When you hit your anger stage you'll wish you had your bike.

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,344 Posts
AzSpeedfreek said:
Now is the time you are going to need the bike the most!!! Unless you absolutley have to sell it don't. The bike will be your escape from all the crap that is going on plus the excersise will help you keep your sanity.
Agreed!

·
Registered
222 Posts
If its a question of splitting all the proceeds of selling off the assets because she gets half, and you bought the bike with community/marital funds, sell it to me for a dollar and give her the .50 cents, which is her share. Then I'll let you ride the bike anytime you want, you can store it, maintain it, travel with it, keep it at yoru house do anything you want, I'll even give you a receipt for the sale to show her........that her total proceeds are .50 cents.
Just trying to help you stay on that bike!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.