Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a fair price for me to sell my 2003 Element Scandium Frame for? It has no more than 200 miles and I am about to put a bunch of parts from this bike on the classifieds but am not sure what to ask for the frame?

·
customized
3,123 Posts
FoShizzle said:
What is a fair price for me to sell my 2003 Element Scandium Frame for? It has no more than 200 miles and I am about to put a bunch of parts from this bike on the classifieds but am not sure what to ask for the frame?
I would say $700. That is what I paid for a new 2002 Instinct Frame without shock two seasons ago. Yours will have a shock and is the nicer tubeset.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Severum said:
I would say $700. That is what I paid for a new 2002 Instinct Frame without shock two seasons ago. Yours will have a shock and is the nicer tubeset.
thanks for the feedback. It is a shame to sell but you know how it goes......gotta pay for the new bike somehow :) It is the best short travel rig I have ever owned/ridden....just haven't used it in the few months it has been built up given my other bikes.

now i gotta figure out the other prices for stuff....

thanks again

·
customized
3,123 Posts
FoShizzle said:
thanks for the feedback. It is a shame to sell but you know how it goes......gotta pay for the new bike somehow :) It is the best short travel rig I have ever owned/ridden....just haven't used it in the few months it has been built up given my other bikes.

now i gotta figure out the other prices for stuff....

thanks again
post some of the more puzzling things to price, I am a classifeds maniac. Got some many prices in my head.

I just put a pushed Float on my Instinct. I think it is gonna rule all over my old cloud nine.

Louis

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Severum said:
post some of the more puzzling things to price, I am a classifeds maniac. Got some many prices in my head.

I just put a pushed Float on my Instinct. I think it is gonna rule all over my old cloud nine.

Louis
cool...i would appreciate the help in pricing. Here is the stuff from this bike I will sell....and again, it is virtually brand new stuff so condition is of course excellent. Anyway, what do you think?

frame = Rocky Mountain Element Sc (2003)
fork = 2005 Marz Marathon Race (I may keep this for new bike...not sure yet)
wheelset = Chris King ISO Disc / DT Swiss XR4.1d rims / DT Swiss Supercomp spokes / alloy nipples
rear der = SRAM X.0
fron der = XTR
shifters = SRAM X.0
pedals = Shimano 959 (may keep....not sure yet)
seatpost = Yeti Arc Aluminum (may just sell with frame)
stem = Syntace F99
bars = Answer ProTaper Carbon
headset = King (may keep...)
tires = Kenda Karma DTC (will sell with King wheelset)
seatpost clamp = Hope (sell with frame)

Here is the pic of the bike that will be cannibalized

Attachments

·
customized
3,123 Posts
FoShizzle said:
cool...i would appreciate the help in pricing. Here is the stuff from this bike I will sell....and again, it is virtually brand new stuff so condition is of course excellent. Anyway, what do you think?

frame = Rocky Mountain Element Sc (2003)
fork = 2005 Marz Marathon Race (I may keep this for new bike...not sure yet)
wheelset = Chris King ISO Disc / DT Swiss XR4.1d rims / DT Swiss Supercomp spokes / alloy nipples
rear der = SRAM X.0
fron der = XTR
shifters = SRAM X.0
pedals = Shimano 959 (may keep....not sure yet)
seatpost = Yeti Arc Aluminum (may just sell with frame)
stem = Syntace F99
bars = Answer ProTaper Carbon
headset = King (may keep...)
tires = Kenda Karma DTC (will sell with King wheelset)
seatpost clamp = Hope (sell with frame)

Here is the pic of the bike that will be cannibalized
Fork -$400-$450
Wheelset - $350-$400
Shifters - $40
Rear Derail - $75

These are considering thier use and online prices.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
agree with the rear der and shifters but that is way low for the wheelset. it is virtually brand new, and the rear hub alone is $340 and folks and the spokes and rims are very high end and the fork, we will see....it is a $700 fork with virtually no miles and over 9" steerer tube so anybody can use it.

i already have buyers/friends offering way over that for the wheelset so I just need to pick a price at this point so i can get my new rig built up !!!

cheers

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i seem to be selling a ton of stuff right now.....I am selling my Surly single speed (might already have a buyer) and I have a road bike ending its auction on ebay in 2 hours.......that money wont last long though :)

cheers

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kris said:
What are you trading the Element for if I may ask?

If you'd be willing to ship to Canada, and arrange payment somehow, I'd be interested in the fork.
good question.

well, i have been bitten by the singlespeed bug like those other crazy people. I bought a cheap ebay bike a couple of weeks ago to try it and love it. since i also have a ventana x-5, between that and the single speed I just dont see myself using the Element. I have ridden the element maybe 8 times since I had it built up a few months ago.

I will be building up a new single speed and using parts from the Rocky Mountain and sellling rest. It is the best short travel frame i ever had but i just dont need a bike like this i realized.

i would ship the fork and will only sell it to folks willing to use paypal. i am sure you are legit but there are just too many scams out there. i shipped my Bullit to Canada so i am ok with that part.

i will know tomorrow if i will keep the fork. i need to ask the frame builder if the single speed is built around an 80 or 100mm fork. this fork is the best 80mm i have ever ridden so i will definitely keep it unless a 100mm makes more sense.

cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.