Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Patagonia survivor
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I test rode a Rush 1000 and was very impresed, especially with the rear end stiffness when climbing and the added rear travel when going down. I own a 05 Scalpel 2000 and feel it`s an excelent racing machine but was wondering if a lghtweight Rush (24-25lbs) would do a better job than the Scalpel, considering that here race courses are mostly soft-rocky terrain.
I know the Rush it´s a Marathon-Race oriented bike, but if you had the chance to go down to the same weight as the Scalpel, would you prefer it? :confused:

·
Registered
223 Posts
AndyB said:
Yesterday I test rode a Rush 1000 and was very impresed, especially with the rear end stiffness when climbing and the added rear travel when going down. I own a 05 Scalpel 2000 and feel it`s an excelent racing machine but was wondering if a lghtweight Rush (24-25lbs) would do a better job than the Scalpel, considering that here race courses are mostly soft-rocky terrain.
I know the Rush it´s a Marathon-Race oriented bike, but if you had the chance to go down to the same weight as the Scalpel, would you prefer it? :confused:
It would really depends on the course. The rush is a very raceable xc bike. This season, I will either be racing a highly moded F600 or my rush.

·
Registered
351 Posts
AndyB said:
I'd consider it a piece of mind upgrade.
I was never too keen on the plastic seat stays/carbon fiber chainstays on the Scalpel.
I ended up scoring mine on a few tight rock gardens & was always worried that they would fail eventually. The Aluminum high elevation swingarms on the Rush & Prophet make more sense to me from a durabilty standpoint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.