Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Slow Goat....
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had air forks and air shocks for years to lighten my ride. I had it down to 26.8 lbs. with burly tires. Not that light, but light for me. Coming from 30lbs in the oringinal package. I was able to nearly sprint up hills in the middle ring. I never felt right going downhills though. I went through Fox floats, Marzocchi marathon and Manitou black platinum. All are good forks. In the rear Manitou spv, Cloud 9 and Fox float R. I can't complain about the rear. Finally i decided to switch both to coil. Now the fork is RC Tora 318 w/motion control poploc. The rear is Fox Vanilla RC.( I had to find this in the used market) Now everything is so plush. Now it up to 29lbs. I don't climb as fast, but that's ok. I am still able to crest most knarly hills. Now downhill is a pleasure. I feel like NOW I am riding on air. So Plush. I am able to go faster and feel more confident. The weight penalty is well worth it. Now it's all mountain.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.