Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody up there know the trail conditions..trying to bring my SC LTC up there...hoping to ride a few days...

how is it?

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
Depends, specifically whereabouts are you planning to go? Here in Reno we just got some snow about ~6500 feet from this past storm, so I'd assume Truckee/Tahoe area got even more.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Might be melted, we have some 60º days coming up but I wouldn't count on it. Corral in South Lake had a good amount of snow on it today.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
On the south shore by then, Corral, Connector, Sidewinder, Incense Ceder, Cold Creek, Corral, Railroad can all be linked up for a good ride.

·
mtbr member
91 Posts
On the south shore by then, Corral, Connector, Sidewinder, Incense Ceder, Cold Creek, Corral, Railroad can all be linked up for a good ride.
Thanks for the 4-1-1. I'll be on the South Shore too, riding Thursday solo unless anyone can get away for a few hours for a ride and beer afterwards.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the 4-1-1. I'll be on the South Shore too, riding Thursday solo unless anyone can get away for a few hours for a ride and beer afterwards.
ill be riding probably around noon..im not too famiiar with the trails but id be down to hit some dirt

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rode all the trail listed by TahoeBC over the last two days. 90% clean of snow, just a few patches. So tacky and all riding great. have fun. A few more miles should pop with this warm weather

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm racing Boggs this weekend then a 12hr out in CO next weekend but after that some south lake trips are going to happen for sure. They'll be ride your own pace and have fun type rides but you better be ready to go long because I didn't drive 3 hrs for some wimpy short ride :)

Post ride Pizza or Mexican food and beer are standard.

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Count me in

...after that some south lake trips are going to happen for sure. They'll be ride your own pace and have fun type rides but you better be ready to go long because I didn't drive 3 hrs for some wimpy short ride :)
Count me in. I usually ride Tahoe twice a week in the summer, Saturdays and Tuesdays mostly. And I ride 9 - 12 hours at a moderate pace. Contact me anytime you want a long ride. Mt. Rose down Van Sickle is my favorite.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
While it will be an early start to the Tahoe riding season, it isn't there quite yet. The big snows in last week's storms dumped a lot of snow on the California side, but Mt Rose didn't get nearly as much. Trails on Nevada side down a bit lower (7500 feet or so) are great and have been for some time. Last vestiges of snow on top of Peavine are gone now. The rest should melt fast now with hot temps.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Some images from last week

Rubber Boa on Tahoe Mountain

Fat bike beach riding

Chimney Beach

Nutballchamp at a secret location

Monument Pass trail

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
What would Toads and Christmas Valley be like say around Memorial Day Weekend, May 24th?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts