Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

On my last ride I had some mud enter my eyes. It got under my glasses, so I guess my glasses don't always work (OK, there's no good for any situation gadget). Also, sometimes when I'm in a group ride and coming down fast, there's a lot of dust, which sometimes get into my eyes.

I was wondering if a downhill goggles would help me. Are they too hot to wear? Or unconfortable?

Thanks

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
I sweat a lot and use to wear glasses. On the inside and the outside you would have to wipe them constantly to get the dust out. Sweat drops would get on the lenses too.

Goggles keep the sweat away from your eyes and no dust...repeat no dust. If you ride trails you will love goggles

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Banshee Rider said:
Googles for XC is overkill. I wear sunglasses when i ride xc and occasionally I'll get some dust/mud/water in my eye. its part of mountain biking. you'll sweat to death in goggles.
depends on the trail...get well ventilated goggles

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
VA2SLOride said:
NEEDED?? I HAD them! Went hoggin' and everything. Had to chew off my arm at the shoulder just to make my escape.....
Brutal....SLO has some nice women, how did that happen??

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Banshee Rider said:
All im saying is doing a climb on a 90 degree day with goggles on because your afraid of getting dust in your eye is a bit overkill, sometimes you just gotta take the good with the bad in mountain biking. This isnt exactly golf ;)
use them on the way down not up

·
my girl rides also
650 Posts
SLO has some great women....and unfortuneately, some of the not-so-great look FANTASTIC after you've been drinking all afternoon......

We've all done this. Give me a break.....lol.

·
Registered
95 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
depends on the trail...get well ventilated goggles
Okay, is this SMT just a tool or what. Well ventilated goggles, not well ventilated goggles, I don't give a sh**, wearing goggles for xc riding because you get mud and dust in your eyes makes you a complete p**sy...please tell me this fool is just BSing because if he's not he must be the biggest joke on this forum. I suppose you need full body armor to launch off of 6" curbs too... for God's sake, no wonder bmxers make fun of us... jacka**

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
KingRexford said:
Okay, is this SMT just a tool or what. Well ventilated goggles, not well ventilated goggles, I don't give a sh**, wearing goggles for xc riding because you get mud and dust in your eyes makes you a complete p**sy...please tell me this fool is just BSing because if he's not he must be the biggest joke on this forum. I suppose you need full body armor to launch off of 6" curbs too... for God's sake, no wonder bmxers make fun of us... jacka**
Full body armour starts at 6 1/4 inches...didn't you get the memo :p :p

I don't ride uphill. I ride downhill...on the occaison I ride up, I don't wear my goggles or helmet. When I get ready to desend that is when I put it on....Well ventilated goggles was a joke

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.