Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
i have those goggles mine are black and clear. i wanted the red color but they ran out at the lbs. the rails do not get in the way of your vision, whats niceabout em is they stay on the inside edge of your helmet and keep the gogggle from sliding. there good goggles, removable nose piece, though i recommned u do not remove it. its very hard to get it back into place. if you do get them make sure you only use the cloth given with the goggles to clean them, the lens scratch very easily.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
you should go on vacation in the south Pacific and get lost in the forrest...find an ancient tribe with a witchdoctor....have him shrink your head...not too much though.

BTW make sure they are not cannibals

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
matt said:
hey austin...
do these goggles fog much when you ride?
umm u know i dont think they do, and if they do it wasnt enough for me to even remember about cuzz i honeslty dont everthink i had a problem with fog, maybe if it was liek 20 degress out they probly would but any other time i think ull be fine. there great goggles

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Head Size?

How big of a head are we talkin' here?
Like, Sloth from the Goonies big or like Stan's clone from South Park big?

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
I just responded on another post about goggles over glasses. Many people I've ridden dirt motorcycles with use OTG (over the glasses) goggles because they have big heads/faces, and these goggles are a little wider and taller than most goggles to accomodate glasses. Others I know use them because they feel they are a little more comfortable...and no, they're not some giant, goofy sized goggles...only marginally bigger. They still fit in my Bell Moto 6 and Mad Max with ease...even with the attached nose piece shown here.

Attachments

·
#1 Latex Salesman
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ha! Stan's clone was hysterical...no, it's not like I'm the elephant man. I wear a size Large 661 Bravo, but I did have to slightly modify the foam along the forehead for comfort. For some reason goggles never seem to fit right. I assumed it was because I'm abnormal. They all seem to come in tight on the outside edge of my eyes and obstruct my vision. I do have very good peripheral vision and the frames of every piece of eyewear I've ever owned have always bugged the hell out of me. Also, after a run (snow or dirt) they ride up and press on my lower eye lids. I was thinking if I can find a goggle with a really large, open frame it would help prevent those problems.

Raptordude - I saw a red pair on ebay. the guy's in Germany, but if you trust Int'l shipping you might be able to get them.

TNC - good info. I was thinking along the same lines, I'll try narrowing my search to the OTG pairs.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
i dont know if there out yet, but scott makes a pair of goggles that has built in tear off canisters. where the strap meets the goggles frame theres a canister (looks liek a film canister) thats loaded with tear offs that gets pulled across your face, it looks like it would really minimize dirt gettin stuck inbetween the layers, and decrease the amount of moisture build up u get when u have normaly tear offs. there designed for moto but im sure they would work for mtb.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The crowbars seem like good goggles. I mean its hard to go wrong with Oakley. However, for a very large face (I have one too), try the top of the line spy goggles. They by far have the larges lenses and feild of view, and they look pretty good too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.