Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a Web nerd with glasses. But I want some goggles. I don't really want to get contacts, either. Any ideas or suggestions? I'm in sort of a hurry because I'm going to Utah tomorrow and should be doing some skiing. Skiing with only sunglasses can suck.

And yeah, I want the googles for riding, too. I heard they make hucks to flat wayyyyy better.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Go to any MX shop and get the $30 Oakley L-frames and spend $5 extra and get the tinted replacement lens. Works prefect over my frames, although I am getting contacts in the near future for riding.

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool!

DHidiot said:
Go to any MX shop and get the $30 Oakley L-frames and spend $5 extra and get the tinted replacement lens. Works prefect over my frames, although I am getting contacts in the near future for riding.
Zoom Cycles here I come!

Thanks!

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
And here's a pic.

These are the L-frames DH was referring to. I use them on my dirt motor with clear lenses over some Oakly A-wire prescription sunglasses. These L-frames have the detachable nose piece that I use for extra coverage that might work for skiing too.

Attachments

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Smiths, Fool!

I got some Smiths because they are even bigger than the Oakleys and allow me to (sort of) wear my Zeals underneath. I don't want to crash wearing my good glasses. But, ummm, not to be too fashion-conscious - but these things look monstrous without a helmet!

I actually think maybe I'm gonna start a new big goggle trend. See the still below from my new rap video. Shout it out, dawg! "Huero en San Jo, I should used my Glock, yo!"

You know how we do it. I'm waitin' on a sponsorship. Smith's gonna want me bad when they see me throwin down my rhymes!

Attachments

·
rollin
2,646 Posts
Photo-John said:
I actually think maybe I'm gonna start a new big goggle trend. See the still below from my new rap video. Shout it out, dawg! "Huero en San Jo, I should used my Glock, yo!"

You know how we do it. I'm waitin' on a sponsorship. Smith's gonna want me bad when they see me throwin down my rhymes!
yeah? well i'm starting a guitar-hero-based punk emo band! we're just waiting for drummer-hero technology to evolve. we're very futuristic.

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sriracha said:
yeah? well i'm starting a guitar-hero-based punk emo band! we're just waiting for drummer-hero technology to evolve. we're very futuristic.
Make sure to keep your priorities straight - the hair is most important if you want any emo cred. Tight pants are second. Music comes in something like 5th or 6th.

·
rollin
2,646 Posts
Photo-John said:
Make sure to keep your priorities straight - the hair is most important if you want any emo cred. Tight pants are second. Music comes in something like 5th or 6th.
good call. thanks for the tips. i think black fingernail paint is like 3 or 4. what the '80s did to punk, the '10's will do to emo. we're gonna be like, emotronica with lasers and jumpsuits with sensors that relay our movements to a CG animated representation of ourselves, projected on a huge screen.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
I tried the Smiths but they felt really bulky inside a D2. I seem to remember they would hit the side of the helmet instead of sitting flush against my face.

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, Really?

DHidiot said:
I tried the Smiths but they felt really bulky inside a D2. I seem to remember they would hit the side of the helmet instead of sitting flush against my face.
That's not gonna be a problem for me. I'm just gonna wear 'em ta tha mall.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Hey PJ...

Photo-John said:
That's not gonna be a problem for me. I'm just gonna wear 'em ta tha mall.
Do you ski with any kind of helmet, or are you one of them tree-smacking organ donors?:D

Seriously though, since I have no ski experience, do most folks wear helmets or not?

And oh...on your mall wear...I never go to the mall without full regalia.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
TNC said:
Seriously though, since I have no ski experience, do most folks wear helmets or not?
All the time, everytime. Had too many close calls to not wear one. First day I ever skiied with my one, I ended up skimming my head on the ground at about 25-30... I was perfectly fine. Too risky not to wear one. I think it looks really goofy when people wear fullies for skiing tho.

I use Scott Ransom goggles for skiing, I definately dont think that my glasses would fit under them. That would be a crumbling fit.

Helmet-

Goggles-

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.