Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing spectacular in photos but what an outstanding day to ride. Met a lot of new folks and I have a new best buddy, Rick.....who brought an ice chest full o beer for post ride fun!

Half the group or more did the loop while the rest of us did an OAB. A lot of climbing and some fun downhill on the return

https://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery.php/cat/952

for the rest of the photos
Gary

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
GeeDubb said:
Nothing spectacular in photos but what an outstanding day to ride. Met a lot of new folks and I have a new best buddy, Rick.....who brought an ice chest full o beer for post ride fun!

Half the group or more did the loop while the rest of us did an OAB. A lot of climbing and some fun downhill on the return

https://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery.php/cat/952

for the rest of the photos
Gary
I think we need to start a SuLing Needs Sleeves Telethon and start taking donations. :D

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
Enel said:
Why the Fisher instead of the Pack Su-Ling? From what I've read, GC is definite Pack territory.
75% of that ride is XC territory with major climbing. The 29er climbs like a goat and is a bit lighter than the pack. We had a bunch that wanted to do the XC version out to the DH and then back the way we came to add on extra miles. It's a blast that way. We decided to the XC version instead of the DH version so the 29er was the bike of the day for me. :thumbsup: ;) :D

Had we done the DH, the pack would have been the bike to bring but mucho pain climbing. The climbs are wicked especially in the beginning.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I might actually have to drag my butt out from Chandler for a ride out there. Looks nice! Great looking trail. You all sounded like you had fun. Sleeveless is the only way, by the way!!!

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
wow looks like you folks had fun!! well i decided to just ride T100 since i am a block away from it and i was to chicken to ride with you all since i am such a newbie and suck at climbing. didn't want to slow the group down or left behind. but when i get stronger i will definitly do the next group ride. been wanting to meet new and intresting folks to ride with and new trails also!!!!! well hope to see you all on a trail one day!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Awesome ride! Nice prep for Sunday's shuttles....good to see all you out there. We had a great time headin down and playin at the staircase. I lost my skill somewhere along the way, had two flats, and had three otb's, YIKES! Still tons of fun though! Once again GOAT CAMP rules!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Great ride guys and always good to ride the DH guys! Kudos to those who toughed it out that were not use to so much climbing :thumbsup: Thanks for the refreshments Rick. Good to meet and ride with NewBob, hope you're healing quick from the digger.

I'm back to my old self, 2 Gu pack patch jobs on sidewall tears and two flats :madman: I missed my 6-pack with tubeless.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Great ride!

A friend and I crossed the out and backers on upper Ford on their way back. I'd not been on the trail since they cut the new single track out on Willow....that is some major effort to put such pristine trail up there.
Any of the GC riders see the deer?
As we were unpacking our bikes after the ride I notice my friends for was completely locked up. He thought I was messing with him, not thinking I was very funny. Of course I went to lube to chain on my bike this morning. Damn thing wouldn't go into half of the gears. I think the knuckle joint must of bent on that rock in the trail. Anyone remember That Rock? Probably didn't help any that I had bent two of my rear rings over too.
The good news is that I only crashed once :) but maybe that was because I sucked so bad on the DH.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
bugaroo said:
A friend and I crossed the out and backers on upper Ford on their way back. I'd not been on the trail since they cut the new single track out on Willow....that is some major effort to put such pristine trail up there.
Any of the GC riders see the deer?
As we were unpacking our bikes after the ride I notice my friends for was completely locked up. He thought I was messing with him, not thinking I was very funny. Of course I went to lube to chain on my bike this morning. Damn thing wouldn't go into half of the gears. I think the knuckle joint must of bent on that rock in the trail. Anyone remember That Rock? Probably didn't help any that I had bent two of my rear rings over too.
The good news is that I only crashed once :) but maybe that was because I sucked so bad on the DH.
I think I know "that rock" I pedal mashed it and flew off my bike yeaterday. Still pretty achey from that one. Luckily, I knocked off a big chunk of it in the process!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey everyone,

Goat Camp! Wow, what a day. What a great ride and what a great group of people. Probably, the coolest thing about mountain biking is the people. Thanks to Jeff, Su Ling, Gary, Chis, James for directions, laughs, beer, a ride, mexican food, more laughs, a hand getting up, some help getting down. Thanks to everyone else for a whole lotta fun. Thanks to Kathleen and Bob for Advil, H2O, encouragement and helping me get down the hill after I had my yard sale. I can't wait to ride with you all again.

Cheers,

NewBob

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
eabos - Great video of Aaron cleaning up on the Spiral Staircase! Nice job lostboyz. I've been there and seen people clean it, also photos but never a video so that was cool.

bobm - Hope you didn't get hurt too bad. The ribs okay? You seemed better with some brew in ya after the return. Glad you had a good time despite the digger. Keep an eye on the upcoming rides for more abusive fun. ;)

Also, hope to see you at the BCT trail work day if you do indeed get some time off to do it. Not sure who all is coming, but a good crowd should show up. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.