Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
well, actually if i were getting a fork for sex appeal and it couldn't be a shiver... i'd get a fox 40... mhmmm

monster t... mhmm.. someday if i ever have money to waste i'm going to build the most retardly crazy hardtail that is useless. its going to involve an Evil Imperial frame, some 24's and a MONSTER T. wow. that would be such a worthless pos.

monster t's are no good

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Neither

I would take the Shiver over the VF, but get the 888 RC2X and don't look back
that is kind of what i was thinking. i thought about throwing in the idea, but then figured he wouldn't wanna hear that...so... i wrote some other random sh*t.

i think that the 888RC2X would be the way to go, but if it HAS to be between those two... shiver hands down.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It seems like everyone around here has a Shiver on their BigHit. You'll be fine, I'm sure.

To answer the question already answered, the Shiver will own the VF in all regards except for weight. Shiver internals are basically less refined 888RC internals.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, i don't want to spend money, that's why i'm considering the shiver. It's direct swap ... i get the shiver and i give the 888VF in exchange :)

For now, my skill level is low so i don't need any extreme suspension like RC2X ( extreme ... in price :) i can't afford it ... just bought the bike ehehe )

·
≈ > ♥
956 Posts
You'll be happy with the Shiver. So tuneable, and super easy to work on.
The only place it lacks is in low speed compression. As in, it bob's when pedalling, and braking.
Point it downhill, and you will have perma-grin.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.