1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Build More = Ride More
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
531 Posts
What an awesome service to provide. Go-Ride sets themselves apart from the pack once again.

This will give many out there the ability to experience the differences in shocks first hand.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Cool, I have been checking every now and again over the last couple of months. They have had the CC setup for a while, but I was waiting for the Elka. I didn't know they were going to demo the new DHX as well. Hats off :thumbsup:

·
Engineer The Future Now!
121 Posts
Neat idea except that IIRC the Elka is factory custom tuned for the bike and rider it's built for. How do you suppose that would work for a demo shock going on different bikes with different riders? The site says they will contact you to work out the details for the appropriate hardware (spacers) and rider weight so I'm guessing they are going to include a coil with the shock.

·
Pin it to win it
486 Posts
I'm surprised they do not require a full deposit up front, otherwise wouldn't people (bad ones) just pay the $50 and never send it back?
Well they have your credit card number from the $50... I suppose if they don't get it back in a certain amount of time they would just charge you full cost for it.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I love the idea, but I think you should get more than a week to demo it.
Who here has that much free time to be able to take their bike out every day during a week, and especially in this weather (unless they're on vacation)? You should get two weeks minimun, or a month if that can be done.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
rmb_mike said:
I love the idea, but I think you should get more than a week to demo it.
Who here has that much free time to be able to take their bike out every day during a week, and especially in this weather (unless they're on vacation)? You should get two weeks minimun, or a month if that can be done.
I am sure they would be happy if you rented it for a month, it is just a week x4.

Most people would make time to ride if they are opting for something like this.

·
biking is fun
2,365 Posts
When i was over there the other day they said they had a ton of different sizes and tunes. something like 25 if i remember right.

Also they are working with ELKA and may become a dealer. Meaning they will have all the different parts to build a custom shock for each client.

On a side note, they also have a saddle rental program with wtb. not sure if they would ship those though.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.