Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using a hero 7 black and like it a lot. My favorite mount is a mast mount on the steering tube. However, the go pro tilts downwards eventually on rough trails unless I tighten it more than I like to tighten such a small bolt/nut.

Has anyone tried anything that can hold the camera position without so much tightening? How about carbon friction paste?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Use a phillips screwdriver. Most of my mounting will be secured with a screwdriver, not the thumb screw. Only in cases when the camera is subject to moving. Hand held or mellow use is fine for the thumb screw.

If you ride with a multi-tool, you already have a screwdriver with you.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Use a phillips screwdriver. Most of my mounting will be secured with a screwdriver, not the thumb screw. Only in cases when the camera is subject to moving. Hand held or mellow use is fine for the thumb screw.

If you ride with a multi-tool, you already have a screwdriver with you.
The soft steel of the GoPro screws wasn't screwdriver friendly for me so I switched to aftermarket thumb screws years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.