Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Plattekill mountain in Catskill region of NY, its a DH/FR lift-served ski resort type place where all the trails are reallly steep and have lots of loose rocks. My friends and I were the only people there without full DH/FR bikes, and they laughed at us. However I was still able to hit a couple of real rough high-speed sections, some 3-4 ft drops to tranny, and the moutain-X course with some decent tabletop jumps. I had no problems riding any of it, but not as fast as people with DH/FR bikes. I think the TALAS was the weakest link for this type of riding, just not enough travel to keep up with the rear. I'm still debating getting a new fork for next year. I think the 575 is capable of plenty, as long as the shock is pumped up enough to prevent excessive bottoming since this is what breaks things.

·
a dad
2,927 Posts
a full day at keystone, riding the lifs....i have the am1 on mine and it is a nice upgrade..i continue to push the envelope with this bike (for me) and consistently drop it off 3 footers (and plenty with flat landings)... the only problem i have encountered is one of the zip ties on the chainstays breaks loose after awhile from the chain hitting it continuously...

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Brundage in central Idaho near McCall more specifically Hidden Valley. I crashed up top though :rolleyes:. Next summer though is gonna be a different story!!! I'm gonna conquer Hidden Valley then I'm gonna try that stuff at Tamarack (both of them are ski resorts).

Hidden Valley (although these were pix when I brought my singlespeed up there):
https://www.fototime.com/534E4DBE1FFFD77/standard.jpg
https://www.fototime.com/A6DDC7D47AAE43B/standard.jpg
https://www.fototime.com/CD99BC54E332D3B/standard.jpg

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
Every week for the past 10 months

I ride the National trail here in Phoenix every week with descents down Mormon, Geronimo, Holbert, Kiwanis, plus a week up at Moab, Durango. I've had my 575 since January and other than having to disassemble the linkage once and reassemble it to rid slight bushing slop, it's as solid today as it was the first day I rode it. Someone earlier posted the Question "would you buy another 575".... well after 10 months of severe use, the answer undoubtably would be YES!!
I've got 5 mountain bikes in my "stable" and this is by far my favorite!!

·
EDR
10,442 Posts
I can vouch for National here in Phoenix. It is listed in the top 10 techiest trails in the country by some mag I was reading last year. Its a workout whether going up or down. Not a fast trail. Too many stair steps, drop offs, rocks and dehydrated hikers laying on the trail to bunny hop to really get up any speed. :p

·
surly inbred
1,539 Posts
jparker164 said:
The 575 seemed to like it, the Pike definately did.
Great shot... speaking of gnarly stuff, it seems you've certainly put the 575 through it's paces this season. Have you had much in the way of service issues yet? I've seen two seasons in the northeast mud & wet with no need to address pivots so far.

Yeti really got it right this time.. or I should say continues to.

·
a dad
2,927 Posts
Harp said:
Great shot... speaking of gnarly stuff, it seems you've certainly put the 575 through it's paces this season. Have you had much in the way of service issues yet? I've seen two seasons in the northeast mud & wet with no need to address pivots so far.

mine is 2 seasons old (04) and its been treated pretty rough (and i can assume the first owner was rough on it too) ...i havent had to do any work to the pivots...pretty bomber bike to hold up to my neglect...

·
Salad Days
762 Posts
Harp said:

I had to replace the shock bushing (and the shock, but thats a different story). The bearings are a little notchy, but not too bad yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.