Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey team,

I like to smash down overgrown hardly used mountain track that sometimes has spiky thorns and stuff. So i like to have a glove with hard knuckle protection so i dont get thorns in my knuckles.

I've had a bunch of Fox Bomber and now using a moto brand called Thor.

I'm looking for alternatives.

Hit me with your idea's

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Definitely more options with Moto specific gloves. Fox has the D30, I don't see anything from TLD. I've seen a few options from Giro, Pearl Izumi, and Fly but none that seem to have a hard knuckle like the Fox gloves with D30

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
^^ at that price, I'd rather go with riding specific gloves(same price range as fox w/d30). I'm not sure how breathable those tactical gloves are.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I know they're not hard shell but Fox Attacks have stoutly padded knuckles. They're very comfortable and not too hot. They'd be okay against some thorns I'd wager but haven't tested that. I will say they do their job well against branches and vines.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Like others, the only hard shell gloves I've used in the past were moto gloves (thors, like yours).

Another, kind of outside the box option... have you thought about handguards?

I know people like to make fun of them around here for some reason (I come from dirt biking background, so they feel normal to me), but they exist exactly for the purpose of deflecting brush/thorns/sticks like that.

They cost a bit, but, no more than a good pair of gloves or few.

Anyway, just throwing out another choice.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Thanks for the responses. Soft shell is out. I want hard knuckle dusters. As is hand guards. So keep the the hard shell options coming.
by "soft shell" do you mean D30?
You want molded composite knuckles?
I have an old pair of Kona gloves with carbon(ish?) outer two knuckles, decent protection from branches, trees etc, but I haven't seen anything like that in the past few years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.