Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
( o Y o ) 's!!
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the rubber grip on the index finger of my Fox gloves was starting to peel off so I decided to add some 'custom' grip to it. I had some rubberized dip left in the garage so I put it to good use. If your gloves suffer from the same problem, maybe you could add more life to them like I did.

Here is the offending rubber. It was only half attached so I just pulled it off.

I got this Plasti-Dip from the automotive section at Walmart. I use it to dip the grips of my tools. It leaves a nice layer of rubber when applied and dried.

Cut a template out of an index card with the pattern of your choice.

Simply put the template on the glove and brush on a thick layer of Plasti-dip. Excuse how crooked it is. It did this during the Super Bowl half-time show and I had my share of beers already.

After 30 minutes of drying it looks like this.

Although it's not as tacky as the original silicone grip, it's still tacky enough to help the finger stick to the brake lever. It also seems to have bonded to the synthetic material better than the silicone so I'm hoping it'll last longer. Most of the gloves I've owned all had the fingertip grips peel off so if this lasts long enough, I've found the best fix!

·
TranceX Rider
948 Posts
Way to go! I'd head that direction where you're going... :D Much easier to lay it out than a silicon glue. Not as messy as the latter...and hopin' it would last longer as well...

Thanks for sharing!

·
( o Y o ) 's!!
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
motormonkeyr6 said:
You could also make some wicked designs too. I'll be heading that direction too, Are your gloves by any chance Fox Inclines?
They are Fox Sidewinder's. I'm going to try and cut out a cool spiral pattern for the fingertips of the other glove. I'll post pics when I'm done.

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
Arkayne said:
They are Fox Sidewinder's. I'm going to try and cut out a cool spiral pattern for the fingertips of the other glove. I'll post pics when I'm done.
I thought they might have been fox inclines due to the type of plam padding but i remembered alot of fox gloves have the same padding :D I'll get some pics up when I do that to mine (prob in a month or two)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.