Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
yaha ha
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got 2 frames available to me for very cheap.. decidiing which one to take, both running DHXs, glorys a 4.0 mw's a 5.0... going to be doing alot of trail riding with some racing later this season

·
Registered
263 Posts
the glory is way better for dh
ive never seen the morewood one though
but if your gonna do dh and freeride go for the glory
is it just the frame?
and you need to hook me up with a glory frame for cheeap ive always wanted one=]

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
BFloFoxRider. said:
the glory is way better for dh
ive never seen the morewood one though
but if your gonna do dh and freeride go for the glory
is it just the frame?
and you need to hook me up with a glory frame for cheeap ive always wanted one=]
well thats great reasoning!

get a Izimu for sure, but make sure you get it with a cane creek double barrel.

lower, slacker, completely adjustable. everything you could want in a bike and GREAT customer service.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Either would be good. If it were me, I'd take the Glory because I have owned two Giants (an AC1 and a DH), and they both took quite the beatings. I've only ridden a Morewood once, but it seemed really nimble.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have been on both and was sponsored by Morewood this past season. They are two way different bike, but both bikes are great.

Izumu: Single Pivot frame and can be built up very light. Mine was 38.7lbs last year and not even with high end light parts on it ether. It railed turns better than any bike I have had in the past (Turner DHR, SC Super 8, Foes 7" Zig Zag). The bike pedaled and jumped well. The only thing I didn't like about the bike was the brake jack I got from it. In the past on previous bike I could get over it and it didn't bother me too much. For so reason I couldn't get over it with the Izumu. Guess I am just getting old and need a bike that doesn't get it. I did try the floating bake adaptor on the bike and it made it way better. Only problem was running my wheel set I had to modify the hub to make it work. I was just not happy with the setup. I do have to say all in all it was one of my best race bikes. If I didn't get sponsored my Giant this year I would still be on a Morewood.

Now the Glory: More than one pivot and designed much like the IH Sunday or DW link as most call it. I have been on one once at Snowshoe for a run down the DH race course. The only thing I can say is I didn't have to pick a line on it to make the ride feel smooth. I feel in love with the bike. I knew right then and there I wanted one or to get a IH Sunday witch is much like the Glory. The Glory will be a little heavier build (mine will be about 40 to 41+lbs when I am done with it. The bike pedals better than any bike I have been on. It eats up the terrain and brakes better than any other bike I have ever ridden. I have been on most DH bikes out there.

I think in the long run I will love the Glory over the Morewood, but don't let the change your mind about the Morewood Izumu. Both bikes are at the top of their designs and will make you both great DH race bikes. Both are Would Cup level bikes. You just need to think what design will fit you the best (your riding style). Remember that the bike doesn't make the racer, but the racer makes the bike. Other words you can be fast on both bikes as you will just have to adapt your riding style to the one you get. I hope this help you out in you decision.

Good Luck,
Cecil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.