Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I picked up a Giant Glory this last season in Whistler, and rode it about 3 weeks (it was great). Now, back in SoCal, on the occasions I get to a trail where I can let this monster go (and which require much more peddling than in Whistler, I keep smacking my knee into the top of the fork/crown tubes on the Fox 40.

The clearance is roughly 2" from knee to tube (when seated & the bars are straight). This is my first Dh specific bike, so I was just curious if other people have such tight cockpits on their DH rigs? I'm 6'2" and I tried the next size up on the Glory before I bought the Large, but its wheelbase was 2" longer and was just too darn huge!

Thanks,

·
2010 Glory custom FR
1,098 Posts
Hi Proxy,
I am only 5'57" and, as you saw on pics, I chose XS. this bike is very short. when I am seated and have got fox launch pads on my knees I nearly touch the upper crown. When I pedal, I hit the crown from time to time... but, as the bike is so tight, it's easier for me to ride it, turn and jump. I think DH should be rather short :)

·
H2o-Bar
106 Posts
Thomson Lay-back seatpost

Ole Proxy,
I've had good luck running a Thomson Laid-Back seat post. This has opened things up and enabled me to get my weight off the back easier. But with the Thomson you limit how low you can drop your seat. So before you chop your new seatpost hold it up next to the existing post and you''ll have a good idea if it will work or not. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.