Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
=========
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blue Atmosphere Astronomical object Space Font
A date has been set, now share your plans. Are you arranging a group ride or heading out solo? Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, make sure that you ride your fat bike! Take pictures and share them with the world!

We also need to spread the word to our fat riding friends around the world. You know how it works by now, you know the date and time, all it needs now are people. As many people as possible. Go out and spread the word !

Astronomical object Space Font World Majorelle blue

Feel free to use these banners for your local and regional GFBD events.

·
Human Test Subject
1,357 Posts
I don't think we'll have a special event in Minneapolis on that day due to Freewheel Bike's Winter Bike Expo stealing all of the attention.

We might put on an event later in the month or in January.

·
Registered
276 Posts
fat bikers from MARS, are in. The pinelands of New Jersey. We just did our 7th. annual Wharton 40(miles), in October, Will do a 3hour night ride in November( Thanksgiving Eve.), now this in December. Last year we had a good turn out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Our local group of fat bikers in the Philippines plans on doing an outreach / community program during this time. The plan is to ride up the volcanic sand and lahar laden Mt. Pinatubo and visit the indigenous people living there (Aetas) and help build a playground for the children. We did a similar program earlier this month wherein we donated school supplies and provided food and entertainment from a popular local fastfood chain. The smiles and gratitude expressed by the locals was worth the heat and fatigue which is why we are already planning on this event on Global Fat-bike Day :)

·
Icebiker
446 Posts
Our local group of fat bikers in the Philippines plans on doing an outreach / community program during this time. The plan is to ride up the volcanic sand and lahar laden Mt. Pinatubo and visit the indigenous people living there (Aetas) and help build a playground for the children. We did a similar program earlier this month wherein we donated school supplies and provided food and entertainment from a popular local fastfood chain. The smiles and gratitude expressed by the locals was worth the heat and fatigue which is why we are already planning on this event on Global Fat-bike Day :)
Ayos, mga pare ko sa Pilipinas! Magandang loob talaga!

-Puting Pinoy

·
Did I catch a niner+?
2,957 Posts
I don't think we'll have a special event in Minneapolis on that day due to Freewheel Bike's Winter Bike Expo stealing all of the attention.

I would be great if they would put up a banner for fat bike day.

But truthfully they are demoing fat bikes and talking mainly fat bikes throughout the expo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wish I could go with you all. This post has me craving Lumpia and Chicken Adobo.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Group ride in Edmonton, Alberta planned. Last year, it was minus 33 Celcius for the ride (that was actually a race). This year, shouldn't be quite so cold!

·
one chain loop
2,360 Posts
There is an effort to make Bragg Creek (Kananaskis) the fatbike capital of Alberta, or possibly Canada. Winter trails are being built as we speak, and they don't disappoint. So.. eyes and ears on that.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Dang!

I'll be stuck on a cruise ship for Fat Bike Day... :p

·
Registered
934 Posts

I'm kinda in the "screw that" camp here. Freewheel can have all the party they want, it shouldn't prevent a flotilla of fatbikers from organizing a ride. I'll advocate for the River bottoms again, as to get in the opportunities while it is still unpaved

1 - 20 of 141 Posts