Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
You Know It

There lots of great riding here, depending on what you're looking for. If tech xc is your thing, check out Mushroom Rock just across Hwy 82 where it hits hwy133 in Carbondale. Also, I don't know if it's dry yet or not but the Forest Hollow to Scout Trail is great for a moderate climb and steller DH. While you're in town, my name is Nick. Stop by and see me at Sunlight Ski and Bike Shop at 9th and Grand Ave. and I can give you better directions from there. Enjoy Moab.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Sorry, but the only trail that will be dry enuff to ride will be mushroom rock. Scout trail is still snowy and wet as hell. Ride it like it is, and you'll have a dozen or so locals howling for your hide. Anything farther upvalley from G-wood to Aspen is gonna be about the same. Wet, muddy and snowcovered in p;laces.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MissingNW said:
There lots of great riding here, depending on what you're looking for. If tech xc is your thing, check out Mushroom Rock just across Hwy 82 where it hits hwy133 in Carbondale. Also, I don't know if it's dry yet or not but the Forest Hollow to Scout Trail is great for a moderate climb and steller DH. While you're in town, my name is Nick. Stop by and see me at Sunlight Ski and Bike Shop at 9th and Grand Ave. and I can give you better directions from there. Enjoy Moab.
I stopped by on the 24th but the folks said you were out that day. It rained from about 6pm Saturday evening (23rd) straight through to when we headed out for Moab on Monday the 25th. Oh well...I'll be back through some other time to check out the riding there!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
that would be.....

jasonb said:
I have heard that there is a trail that runs from Glenwood Springs east along the top of Glenwood Canyon. Is there such a trail?
Scout trail UP to Forest Hollow trail.Take a left. FH goes for 5 miles--- all ST..(Scout "T's" into FH).. I had a very long, detailed write-up on this trail combo in Trail Reviews. .. It goes to Hubbard Cave Complex.. For some reason the Powers-that-Be decided to NOT include it in the current trail descriptions-- and I'll be dang if I'm gonna type it all again.... You might do a Google (or whatever) on "Hubbard Cave Complex"... It really is an AWESOME ride-- 22 miles O&B as I remember..

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
2ManyPlaces said:
Scout trail UP to Forest Hollow trail.Take a left. FH goes for 5 miles--- all ST..(Scout "T's" into FH).. I had a very long, detailed write-up on this trail combo in Trail Reviews. .. It goes to Hubbard Cave Complex.. For some reason the Powers-that-Be decided to NOT include it in the current trail descriptions-- and I'll be dang if I'm gonna type it all again.... You might do a Google (or whatever) on "Hubbard Cave Complex"... It really is an AWESOME ride-- 22 miles O&B as I remember..
Thanks -- when do you expect that trail to be ridable this season?

jason

·
Registered
313 Posts
I can't really...

jasonb said:
Thanks -- when do you expect that trail to be ridable this season?

jason
say.. The weather has been nutz for the past few weeks.. Your best bet is to contact the bike shop mentioned in the prior posts.. I honestly believe it is THE best "fun" ride anwhere, especially if you go all the way to the Cave complex..

·
Registered
388 Posts
2ManyPlaces said:
the powers that be put glenwood under front range when colo was split up. although i believe your original description is not there.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks man......

dirtdonk said:
the powers that be put glenwood under front range when colo was split up. although i believe your original description is not there.
I did a "search" on it and you can still bring it up.. The MTBR page that comes up will have "ARCHIVED..YaDa-- YaDa--YaDa" plastered all across the page.. Just disregard it and scroll down to "Hubbard Cave Complex" and click it... The info will come up.. Also, I apparently posted this ride on-- singletracks.com-- i don't remember posting it there, but it is indeed there,too..
For some reason, I am unable to attach the page here.. I will try to attach 4 photo's.. They may come out sucky,tho.. Sorry 'bout that..
Bob

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.