Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well plans did not go as planned today. My wife is currently stuck in Wyoming and the highways were closed all day (Just recently opened)! She has drifts 4+ feet deep on 3 sides of her Discovery and a fence on the 4th. So after watching reports, conditions, and such around 3:30 we decided it was going to be tomorrow before she was going to be able to come back home. Well I had already been home all day on the net/phone and had to get out! I took the old 1994 Pro Flex 754 for it's first run since I got it. I have done a few items on it for repair and figured today was a great day for a shake down run. Went from my apt. to Glendale Open space and back. While the total mileage is not impressive the snow made for a good work out. All of the hikers prints made the first uphill more of a hike a bike but I still had a blast!

Well I was out longer than I thought ( along with starting later then I realized) it got dark on me. Glad I always carry my camping headlight just in case.

Don't have pics from when it was dark, but the last bit was fun. I had a dog sprint across a parking lot after the owner took off the leash for him to get in the car.. Yeah that was scary. Got a couple garage shots after the ride

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scar said:
Camping light?

C'mon man,
You are killing me.
Dude I felt like an idiot for not packing your light. :madman: What's crazy is that I used tonight used to seem alright... after riding 2 nights with yours it seemed very dark tonight Your light is friggen great, I am so glad I have it and will just pack it all the time now.:thumbsup:

I just didn't think I was gonna be out that long

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will just mount it on the bars, that way I don't have to worry. I need to grab some more velcro from work..LOL.... I want 4 bikes to be ready at a whims notice! LOL

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mountaingoatepics said:
Had a buddy back east who had an old Proflex with an electronic rear shock and the original Proflex(Girvin or Vector?) fork on it. Good on ya for gettin out and enjoying the ride.
My first FS was a Pro Flex with that fork, man that thing rocked! I have contemplated finding a used one online for this bike. But it's cool having the OEM fork on it!

Thanks for the compliment! :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.