Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
beer thief
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning I was riding home on a piece of singletrack after accompanying my daughter to a friend's house. Suddenly, this chipmunk (or red squirrel) ran into my front wheel, did one complete revolution through my fork and back down, and bailed out. It happened so fast I wondered if he did it on purpose.

He made out better than this forked squirrel anyway.

Attachments

·
...the wave won't brek
273 Posts
That is pritty crazy.

Could have been a big mess to clean up.

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
I was riding around on some trails that skirt the outside of a few wheat fields here and I was riding down one particular hill that ends in a wide left turn which you can really rail if you ride the little berm on the outside when a groundhog ran out of the field to the right and went RIGHT under my front tire. I saw him as he went under my tire and the only thing I had time to do was swear haha.

I hit him so hard my entire bike jumped off of him and I ended up in the wheatfield... somehow... still on my feet. I don't know how I held it together, I guess momentum kept me up. The groundhog was fine, he ran off into the woods, probably pretty scared and rather sore. I was so scared I was shaking, it took me a few minutes to get the nerve to get back on the bike.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
That's funny!

That reminds me of the time I was walking around town and saw a squirrel dart out into the street. Cars were coming and it didn't look like it would make it across. Just as the squirrel and a car were about to meet, the squirrel launched itself, as it to try and make it in front of the car. I guess the car was going a tad bit faster than the squirrel thought, because the squirrel smacked headlong into the front hubcap of the car. It bounced off, rolled over and ran the rest of the way across the street. World's luckiest squirrel.

·
Hairy man
4,923 Posts
Don Juan said:
Hmmm... showing up at your home, destroying your habitat, and being hard to get rid of.

I'm sure you didn't pose the same problem to them...
Humans create a habitat which is favorable to squirrels. It's the things that prey on squirrels that we chased out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.