Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just going to build out a hard tail from on-hand used parts I have floating around. Same with a new gravel style touring bike.

·
CEO Product Failure
1,739 Posts
Have you considered buying a new bike with the desired spec, stripping the frame to use the components as desired, and then selling the frame? Its one work around that could be useful.

Reactions: zooky

·
Registered
Ibis Ripley V4
703 Posts
Just going to build out a hard tail from on-hand used parts I have floating around. Same with a new gravel style touring bike.
I have easily assembled an entire bikes worth of parts over the last few months. Just keep an eye on several retailers and pull the trigger as they come in stock.

Parts are shipping and showing up in stock, you just have to pay attention and buy them when they show up.

·
Registered
Ibis Ripley V4
703 Posts
That's what I'm wondering. Everybody complains about not being able to get anything, but I have a bunch of nice NIB 11-speed gravel-type stuff for sale, and I can't even get scammer to hit me up!
I'll scam you em' off you if you want.

I have a rich, Nigerian Cousin that would happily pay you 3x your asking price. He just needs the parts first so that he can ride to the bank and send you a check!

·
Registered
Ibis Ripley V4
703 Posts
What can't you find? The only thing that really seems to be in short supply is 12spd parts.
The 12 speed stuff is what I've been buying the last few months. 12 Speed Shimano rear mech, cassette, chain, shifter, BB, quick links...

If you need something RIGHT NOW, you might be in trouble. But, if you keep your eye out the stuff is showing up all the time at different retailers. I was buying the stuff so that I had backup parts for my Ripley. Then I realized that it's much better to store those parts on a new hardtail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts