Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year a group of friends and I went to Moab for a week vacation, this year we are thinking of the Santa Fe area for a one week ( five riding days) vacation, we ride mostly XC and love technical single track it does´t matter if its up or down just as long as there is an even amount of both. we been looking for info on the trails and the dates for our vacation, but would like input from local riders on what would be your top 5 trails to ride that are between 20 to 30 miles long and that are mostly single track.

Also we are planning on being there the first week of July is this a good date?

Thanks for any input and advice that you can share with us!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
zapobiker said:
Also we are planning on being there the first week of July is this a good date?
Great time this year, as the forests ought to be in good shape (minimal fire hazard) due to all the snow we've got. Santa Fe will make a great base-cap for some truly epic, high alpine riding. Look at the 2005 and 2006 GITA threads - lot's of rides & maps & camping info.

I'd say do 2-3 days in/around Santa Fe, a day in Los Alamos (45 min. away), and of course - a day up in Taos (1h20m) away to hit South Boundary Trail.

Here in SF, Winsor is the sort of main route up into the mountains. It can be accessed off Hyde Park Rd. via a few different trails, or from the very bottom in Tesuque (teh-SOO-kay). If you want an epic mega-climb and mega-descend ride, the Rancho Viejo Loop is great, and hits some mind boggling terrain. For all but the super-trials-tech types, there's a small stretch of hike-a-bike, but the huge sailing descents are worth it!

Santa Fe will be the most fun base camp outside of ABQ, as there's tons of food/bar/entertainment (er, relative to NM!) to be had within walking distance downtown. Bring your FS and your lungs!

Where ya'll coming from?

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
Hmmm. 5 in July? If it was me...
1=South Boundary/Taos 1.75 hour drive from Santa Fe
2=Monarch,Rainbow/Salida,Colorado 3.5 hour drive from Santa Fe
3=Cumbres,Sargent/Chama 3 hour drive from Santa Fe
4=Winsor,Rancho Viejo/Santa Fe
5=Cochiti/Cochiti .5 hours from Santa Fe
Come on up . We'll show you around.

Now give me 5 rides in Puebla...

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
makachut said:

Nice touch...Mahamahamakachut. You are so discreet:p You guys ridin' this w/e?

·
No no...the OTHER LA.
342 Posts
Give a shout out when the time gets closer... I'll bet someone (maybe even me!) would show you around Los Alamos. As mentioned, we're a short 45 min drive from downtown SF. We have quite an assortment of singletrack and can make a nice custom 20-30 mile route for you. -R

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
makachut said:

El tour de San Luis Valley / Rio Grande via car!

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
zapobiker said:
Thanks every one for the information and I appreciate your hospitality, as time gets closer I will take you up on the invite.
also,if you guys wanna spend a day riding here in albuquerque(45 mins. drive to santa fe)post it whan the time gets closer and i'll be happy to show some paisanos around or perhaps some one else will.peace.
Ramon.:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.