Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I5Troll
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey families with mountain bikers out there,

Check this out... help build a trail and get a free day at a Disney Park. Check out the program -- click here:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/di...ebrate/index?name=Give-A-Day-Get-A-Disney-Day

(When searching for volunteer events, use zip code 98029 for Duthie and 98102 for Colonnade.)

Then sign up for a work party -- click here:
http://evergreenmtb.org/recreation/calendar_view.php

"Disney wants to inspire one million people to volunteer a day of service to a participating organization in their communities. So we're celebrating these volunteers' good works by giving each of them a 1-day, 1-theme park ticket to the Disneyland® Resort or Walt Disney World® Resort, free. There's no better time to make a dream come true for others and let us make a few come true for you."

·
I5Troll
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ExCactus said:
Hey mewstra, is this still available? I couldn't find anything on the disney site.
yep -- http://disneyparks.disney.go.com -- upper right on your screen -- "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day".

On Feb. 11, it was announced that 600,000 volunteers have already participated in the Give A Day. Get A Disney Day. program. Thanks to the exceptional programs and opportunities provided by the thousands of participating organizations, it's anticipated that the goal of celebrating one million volunteers will occur very soon.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Ya I went there and searched based on area code and there wasn't an option for trail building work parties that I saw. I was wondering if there were more work parties coming up that will qualify for the give a day, get a day.

·
I5Troll
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Disney Program Winding Down

Bummer! Disney expects to reach their 1 Million volunteers mark this week so has started winding down the program. Some types of events have been removed from the search. Ours must be one of those.

For those who have already signed up for a future Duthie or Colonnade work party (on Disney's volunteer site), you're good. If you've created a login and expressed an interest in volunteering at Duthie or Colonnade, you've got to sign up for a specific event ASAP.

For the rest, I am running the following promotional offer: attend a work party by March 31st and I'll do my Mickey Mouse impersonation for you.

Status -- March 7, 2010:

As the "Give A Day. Get A Disney Day." program is forecasted to come to a close very shortly, we have ramped down the types of opportunities that volunteers can sign up for.

Flexible scheduling projects (1B) no longer appear in search so that volunteers will experience no delay in signing up for the remaining volunteer slots. Anyone who previously expressed interest with you will still be able to still sign-up by clicking on the link in the email they received from HandsOn Network when 1Bs were still visible.

Organizational search (2A signups) will no longer be available at DisneyParks.com, but will still be available for people with existing accounts who search after logging in at "Manage Accounts." in case you need to guide someone to 'self report' a rescheduled opportunity.

Anyone currently committed and signed up to your 1B and 2A opportunities will still qualify to receive tickets so continue to verify their service as usual.

Volunteers who had expressed interest in your 1B opportunities, PRIOR to them being removed from search, can still sign up for them by clicking on the link in the email they received from HandsOn Network. If they've lost the email -- there are workarounds you can explain to volunteers who can no longer find your projects in search. Click here for sign-up workaround info. (Please do not give this link to volunteers - it's for your info only).

We expect the one-million mark to be reached this week, and at that time, no additional volunteeres will be able to sign up - so tell anyone who has expressed interest but not yet signed up to complete sign up immediately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.