Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
CharacterZero said:
SMT - you feeling OK bud? Are you just trying to make up for the time away from MTBR and get your post count back up?
thought vail was funny and we already posted about Whistler lift problems(many people enjoyed)

had to post the great joke GF joke just changed it from golf clubs to cracked frame (many people enjoyed)

I don't think the remedy is a safe helmet for full on DH matter what people say...compare it to the Azonic 708 and it is a toy (I will always preach safety and always wear armour)

I want a smaller Michelin 32 A.T. .....I don't need the 2.8 anymore after losing a more then 40 pounds in 5 years of riding. 190 now

all legit......plus it is winter(everybody is in snow)

finally they should take post counts off....

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One_Speed said:
That helmet saved his ass.

Yeah the visor broke, .
whole mouth guard is crushed too.....face is cut up and I think he had a concussion which could have been avoided too

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
My friend swore by the Giro Remedy because he said it was one of the honey helmets that met frontal crash test ratings. Obviously not.

I like my THE IZYK helmet. Saved my face once already, so I bought another just like it. Hopefully I'll never need to use it.

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
SMT, didnt you rock a carbon Remedy back in the day and swear by it?

I've been rocking a Remedy for 2 years. Its seen some BAD crashes. Should I replace it? Oh yes thats for sure. But its just to pretty.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
motormonkeyr6 said:
SMT, didnt you rock a carbon Remedy back in the day and swear by it?

I've been rocking a Remedy for 2 years. Its seen some BAD crashes. Should I replace it? Oh yes thats for sure. But its just to pretty.
I still have it...I liked it until I crashed...."Bats in the Bellfreak" Whirlybirds circling me"

·
I CAN ALWAYS GO BIGGER
742 Posts
Giro Remedy's are pieces of sh*t!!!! That's why I ride nothing but moto helmets now. My troy lee took a huge hit last month and barely took any damage. I replaced it but im glad it was such a good hemlet.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.