Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between the Giro Montaro and the Giro Chronicle? Honestly, they seem about the same except the Montaro costs 50% more. Can anyone speak from experience on the differences between these 2 helmets?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Montaro has a little more venting, and a camera mount, I think. I looked at both a while back, and picked the Chronical because its visor is bigger. I thought it would be useful for low sun rides. While it worked for blocking the sun, I found myself flipping it up out of the way most of the time. Also, they do slightly fit differently. For me, the Chronical fit a little better.

I ditched the Chronical, by the way, due to the Roc Loc ratchet. It failed prematurely. It started loosening on rides. Also, I thought I'd like the ratchets smaller diameter, but in real world use, the ratchet wasn't as ergonomic as a larger one, in my opinion. I think the Montaro has the same ratchet.

I'm now using a TLD A1 MIPS. Best fitting helmet for me to date.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.