Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a glorious day. Golden was pretty warm, but driving up to Golden Gate State Park, it was a pleasant temperature: sunny with a hint of cool breeze. Of course, when you start off climbing, it always seems a bit warmer...

Ari sneaking in with those aspens

The ladies I was riding with were very technically capable. It was great riding with them!

Oh yeh, sessioning one of the rock gardens!

Intro to nasty little climb

Nasty climb. What made this tricky was the maneuvering between the rocks and roots prior to the final lift up. A definite power move.

ahhh....success! It felt good to climb that little rock section, as I didn't last week.

What I've missed about Colorado is how lush it can be this time of year, green and flowery.

All those water crossings were great for getting a little cool down, although the wet rocks and roots after riding out were challenging to say the least.

Once again, a perfect Sunday ride. Only saw 2 other riders! Thanks ladies for a fun, fun ride! It is great to push each other too. :D

lets do it again soon!

·
Registered
11,708 Posts
So there is more then one

GGP. i was looking at the pics saying that doenst "look" like GGP..cool pics..

·
Registered
432 Posts
Awesome riding with you ladies! CRD you're an amazing rider, I could learn a thing or 2 from you :thumbsup: We definitely have to do that again sometime.

I should have some pics up on my blogsite tonight as well...

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
great stuff!

·
Registered
728 Posts
woohoo!!!

that was fun, Fun, FUN!!!

I loved riding with you girls.

Yes - let's do that again very soon!! :thumbsup:

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
a few more...

Flowing right over the rock!

where is that line? Straight down! :)

This ride had everything, views, meadows, rocks, roots, steep up, steep down, water, and that equates to a whole bunch of FUN!

Those baby aspens were a fine hue of green

I'm off to Crested Butte, then Los Alamos, but then I'll find my way back to Keystone in time for 4th of July. I'm thinking a few rides up in the high country are in order for the 5th!

--c

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
weimie said:
Awesome riding with you ladies! CRD you're an amazing rider, I could learn a thing or 2 from you :thumbsup: We definitely have to do that again sometime.
Thanks Kim! Really, though, I was trying to keep up with you!

I love techical climbing and descending :cool:

....and that Yeti, well it is amazing. Like I said before it is the smoothest for the kind of stuff I like to ride, it has a nice high bottom bracket, and with practically 6 inches front and rear, what more do you need? Oh, it is light-weight too! All good attributes for a fine ride (thanks A again, and again........)

·
Motion activated
3,242 Posts
Great stuff! Not too many girls are willing to ride the Lion. My wife always makes me carry her body armor to the top of that trail.

The girl with the Lyric reminds me of a lady I rode with a few times up in Vail.. think her name was Nancy IIRC. Awesome rider.

More often that not, that little hill on the DH gets me... I'm always in the wrong gear.

·
enlightened.
1,494 Posts
Steve71 said:
Great stuff! Not too many girls are willing to ride the Lion. My wife always makes me carry her body armor to the top of that trail.

The girl with the Lyric reminds me of a lady I rode with a few times up a Vail.. think her name was Nancy IIRC. Awesome rider.

More often that not, that little hill on the DH gets me... I'm always in the wrong gear.
My name isn't Nancy but it's interesting to know that I've a twin in Vail. :)

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve71 said:

The girl with the Lyric reminds me of a lady I rode with a few times up in Vail.. think her name was Nancy IIRC. Awesome rider.

Athalliah is an awesome rider too :)

And yes, it is easy to be in the wrong gear for that little techy climb, since you are descending for a bit.

Mountain Lion is an amazing trail! We'll go back...

http://weimie.smugmug.com/gallery/5187864_fUmPz#P-1-12

Kim posted a whole slew of photos!

·
Motion activated
3,242 Posts
crd said:
Athalliah is an awesome rider too :)
No doubt! I'd hazard a guess that you're all great technical riders from the looks of those pics. :thumbsup:

This is the section that gets me EVERY time. I want to clean it a least once in my life.

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
Next Time!

I wasn't able to make it out to this ride, as I was driving home from my adventure race in Durango. It looks like I missed a lot of Gurly Fun. Next Time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts